itx build...thoughts?

fl4wless

Limp Gawd
Okay i had previously posted a SG03 build....but these itx systems have me intrigued.

- SG06 w/ SFX 300watt PSU.
- DFI P55 T36 itx mobo
- i7 860 w/ 3 HeatPipe Big Shuriken
- 2x2gb Gskill Eco 1.35V DDR3-1600
- 80gb Intel SSD
- Sony Slim DVDRW
- Powercolor ATI 5770 (PPG version)

How does this look? How loud will this video card be when idle, and the whole system for that matter. I think the cpu cooler i choose should be fairly silent at ~800-1000rpm.... just not as sure about the videocard.

I know the 300watt psu is a bit concerning, would maybe upgrade to the 450 when its available. Or if the SG07 was out, would get that. Any idea on a release date?

Love it! The SilverStone slim DVD works well too and is slot loading.

Also, if you can wait a few I'm testing and SG05 with an H50, stock cooler, and Geminii S with slim fan to see which cools the best. Basically it is the same set up as you but with an OCed i5.

It will be posted on SFFClub.com as usual.

I am waiting for the SG07 to make my next build. :p

Looks good though.

Do you need to mod the SG05 to get the H50 in?
fr500 had a good document there...you can also can do some cutting if you don't like it hanging by zip ties which hurts performance ever so slightly.

I think the cpu cooler i choose should be fairly silent at ~800-1000rpm.... just not as sure about the videocard.

Just be sure to Undervolt your cpu, Intel has a tendency to give the cpus to much Vcore and u can lower TDP much by uindervoting.

Powercolor ATI 5770 (PPG version)

What is the PPG version?

Back