itunes, podcast, & drm

rowbear62468

Limp Gawd
if i dl a free podcast from itunes, will i be able to play it on something other than a ipod? say for example, a zune... or will it have drm on it?

if it comes from the iTunes store I'm pretty sure it has DRM on it.

That's not true. The podcast directory is part of the iTunes store, technically, but every podcast is unprotected and in its native format (AAC, MP3, and so on).

So yes, if you download a podcast through iTunes, you can put it on a Zune... though Zunes are horrible at managing podcasts, so I'm not sure why you would. :)

well, its actually not that bad for podcast. there is a podcast subsection, you just need to make sure the meta data has the podcast as a podcast... but thanks for the info...

anything in the podcast directory is not touched by apple, they just have a list and easy way to subscribe to feeds. If there's anything on the file it has to do with the distributor not apple.

even if it was, it prob wont be soon, at least in Europe, as the EU has finally decded to bither someone other then MS and charge apple for their restricions of itunes items only being able to be played on Ipods.

Back