Itunes new computer/phone

so I'm getting a new laptop soon and I have all my songs on my iTunes on the current one, how do I get them to the new one without messing with folders and stuff?(too many songs from diff places and such) also, I'm not sure in gonna replace my iPhone with the 3g one so I have been looking at the nokia e71, is there an easy way to get my entire library to the nokia or would it be better just to get a standalone iPod?

The first question, there is an option in itunes to consolidate the library. It will pull all of the songs from where ever you have them and store them in the itunes folder. Then you can just copy the itunes folder onto an external, or over the network from one computer to the other. as for the nokia e71, i have no idea if you could use that for music. I would say just keep the old iphone.

With regard to itunes (transferring from one computer to another) how do you go about consolidating them - do you need to be linked to the net? Thanks

moving from one computer to the next is just connecting the two computers either with a transfer cable or connecting them over the network, if the two computers can see each other, you can move files between them. you can also use an external hard drive to transfer the itunes library.

With regard to itunes (transferring from one computer to another) how do you go about consolidating them - do you need to be linked to the net? Thanks

In itunes, go to advanced then consolidate library. This will place your entire library in the itunes music folder which you can then do what you want with. In the fresh itunes, you can tell itunes to draw the music from that folder. Hope that is what you were asking.

Back