iTunes Match

AVT

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got it.

Matched ~90% of my songs. I have a few albums here & there that aren't on iTunes, but not quite as many as it wants to upload.

I'm sure the matching will improve as time goes on.

It keeps your tags & stuff too, which is nice.

Not too impressed with it. There are currently about 50 songs that are just sitting there in the "looking for match" phase, and have been for the past few hours.

I also had to delete every single 128/192 kbps song to get it in 256 kbps, and some still re-downloaded in 128/192 kbps despite having an exact match in the iTunes catalog.

As you said, I hope it gets better :)

Not too impressed with it. There are currently about 50 songs that are just sitting there in the "looking for match" phase, and have been for the past few hours.

I also had to delete every single 128/192 kbps song to get it in 256 kbps, and some still re-downloaded in 128/192 kbps despite having an exact match in the iTunes catalog.

As you said, I hope it gets better :)

Considering that they had to temporarily suspend sign-ups due to overwhelming traffic, I'd imagine existing issues will iron themselves out as traffic levels off.

Also.

Considering that they had to temporarily suspend sign-ups due to overwhelming traffic, I'd imagine existing issues will iron themselves out as traffic levels off.

Also.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, my <256 kbps songs are still being redownloaded at their low bitrate (despite having an exact match in the iTunes store). Is there a way to force it to recheck a song?

Ugh. It only matched 2000 of the 8000 songs in my library. Obvious misses include Welcome to the Jungle and the 2112 Overture. And here I was hoping for an easy upgrade to 256k AAC on all my stuff so I wouldn't have to re-rip it...

Just finished.

Failed to match 291 songs. About half of them are rap songs from either mixtapes, or old, or obscure artists & thus not on iTunes.

I guess I can live with the other half not being 256k AAC quality for now. But it's definitely not OK that a 320k mp3 of a very popular, recent artist ripped from CD isn't recognized. Hopefully the algorithm improves.

Last edited:
What does it use to match? Is it the same audio fingerprint that's used by musicbrainz? Does it fix id3 tags and rename files it can match?

What happens if you don't renew the plan, anyone know? Ie does it keep those songs in the cloud and you can't add more, or does it drop them all?

and some still re-downloaded in 128/192 kbps despite having an exact match in the iTunes catalog.

Did you add the column filter iCloud Status? Check the status in itunes. Apple will only match songs from a lower bitrate to 256 kbps AAC if it says matched and not "Uploaded" status. This is probably why your songs are redownloading in 128/192 kbps because they are "uploaded" from your library.

Did you add the column filter iCloud Status? Check the status in itunes. Apple will only match songs from a lower bitrate to 256 kbps AAC if it says matched and not "Uploaded" status. This is probably why your songs are redownloading in 128/192 kbps because they are "uploaded" from your library.

According to this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124

It's still "waiting". I left it on overnight and it's still waiting, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

*SOLUTION* - Just go to store (on the menu bar, not the actual iTunes store) > "update iTunes Match"

It works great now. My library is identical across my PC, iPhone, iPad, and Macbook air. Any changes I make to song info is automatically pushed to the other devices.

Last edited:
Back