iTunes in 64bit Vista

jg013c

n00b
I am new to 64-bit Vista and I use iTunes to sync my iPhone. The iTunes music store allows you to play samples of music before you buy it. I find that when playing such a sample, my CPU usage redlines and the music is choppy. Also, when I am playing songs in iTunes while doing other things like copying files or viewing pictures, the same thing happens.

The problem could be related to Quicktime, which iTunes uses to play sound and video. Does anyone else have a problem with slow quicktime/iTunes in 64-bit Vista?

I installed iTunes x64 and have no problems sampling vids or music and plays my music with no problem. Check if you have x64 installed or bad install?

I didn't think 32-bit itunes would install in a 64-bit operating system. But check task manager to see what task is using the cpu (during redlining), could be a bug in itunes, although I've never had that problem on ultimate x64.

I didn't think 32-bit itunes would install in a 64-bit operating system. But check task manager to see what task is using the cpu (during redlining), could be a bug in itunes, although I've never had that problem on ultimate x64.

I don't see why not. Prior to the 64-bit version of iTunes, the only restriction was you couldn't sync your iPhone or iPod Touch. Otherwise it ran the 32bit iTunes through WOW.

If it's a 32bit install of iTunes, your task manager might say *32 next to the iTunes.exe

I have issues with said software combo, I added the Album name to about 18 MP3's at the same time yesterday froze up my whole computer for a good 5-10 mins. Have the issue everytime, its across a GB link to my server with 6x 250GB drives with a hardware raid card.. so pretty sure its itunes

Also the whole program goes black sometimes..

edit... just looked and my itunes which i installed x64 a few versions ago is coming up as *32..
DLed new copy of x64 itunes and it installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\ .. x64 fail

after reinstall of x64 itunes, it still comes up as *32.. so how the f is any part of this 64-bit

I reinstalled 64bit iTunes and I am not sure it made any difference.

Sound is though my Intel 965 express mother board. I believe it is Sigmatel audio, if this makes any difference.

I reinstalled 64bit iTunes and I am not sure it made any difference.

Sound is though my Intel 965 express mother board. I believe it is Sigmatel audio, if this makes any difference.

so check and see if you have any updated drivers you can install.

Back