• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iTunes - help with recovery

burnin8r

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
1,211
I built a computer for my brother after some recent upgrades. I installed windows XP on a 40GB HD with the intent to keep this as a dedicated OS drive and then drop in his current HD for media files, games, etc.

The night I gave him the PC, I didn t get a chance to set up a shortcut to iTunes. He installed iTunes on the 40GB drive before I was able to stop by and now there are two separate iTunes folders. Apparently the second iTunes installation was a newer version and iTunes will not import his previous iTunes library from the older version.

The best solution I can think of is to restore the PC to any date prior to the second iTunes install as it has only been about 2 weeks since then and there shouldn t be any other major changes to the pc. Can anyone recommend a solution other than this ? Is there a way to recover all his music using Media Monkey or some other 3rd party application ? I am not an iTunes user so any help you can offer is appreciated.
 
I appreciate you registering to respond to this post but I think you don't quite understand the issue here.

At the moment, only the newer iTunes install works and it has none of the music from the previous library. Any attempts to open the older iTunes install on my brother's original hard drive result in an error message.

I am trying to get the old iTunes library into the new iTunes folder if possible.
 
I appreciate you registering to respond to this post but I think you don't quite understand the issue here.

At the moment, only the newer iTunes install works and it has none of the music from the previous library. Any attempts to open the older iTunes install on my brother's original hard drive result in an error message.

I am trying to get the old iTunes library into the new iTunes folder if possible.

No, the previous poster understands the issue. You can select any of the data from the previous iTunes folder and drag and drop it into the current iTunes folder. Then, choose the option "Add folder" from the File menu. If you select the iTunes folder, it should import everything you just dragged and dropped. Once everything is imported, you can delete the old iTunes library. At least that's what I do.
 
Back
Top