iTunes for Linux

Spaceninja

2[H]4U
I am looking for an app that is similar to iTunes for my music management and to automatically download podcasts that I listen to on a weekly basis. I found Songbird, but it has yet to be translated to linux yet. So what is everyone using? Or are they using anything at all?

I use XMMS... but it is obviously most similar to Winamp. As far as iTunes... I don't know, I don't use it. amaroK is another player within Linux though, and the interface looks similar. You might try that?

I've heard good things about Banshee. I am using amaroK, but I don't know that it will pull down podcasts. I haven't tried. The screen shots for Banshee looked good, I haven't been able to get it working on my OpenSUSE 10 laptop yet.

I use amaroK for general audio playing and CastPodder for downloading podcasts. I've not tried out amaroK's podcast support, but it does have it. From the amaroK FAQ:
How can I add podcasts?
Go to Playlists in the left toolbar. You should see an item called 'Podcasts'. Right click on this item, then select Add Podcast... Add the podcast URL where indicated.

Cool I'll give those a go, I just need something that can pull from an RSS feed as most of the podcasts are distributed that way. I figured there was an app out there, I just hadn't found it yet.

Back