iTunes Files???

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
2FA
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
10,477
Hey so I had my old computer crap out on me the other day; however, i was able to recover my documents, pictures and, my music.
Now the only problem is my other computer wont play my music. It was bought on iTunes and they are all .m4a files. I cant even get iTunes to play, and last i checked WMP wont play .m4a files.
Im open to just about any suggestions. I have about 2400 of these non-playable .m4a's thats $2400 if i go buy them again, which by the way I wont do.
 
Did you install iTunes again?

You get 5 reactivations of iTunes for just this case. You should be able to play them again once you auth. the account and the songs to play on that system.

I would FOR SURE call them if you think you might mess something up tinkering.
 
Open iTunes, select Store from the pull down menu, select "Authorize Computer...", enter your name and password for iTMS and you are all set. You have a total of 5 seats you can activate. Just remember that when you are flatlining your machine to deactivate iTunes in the same way so you can free up your license seats.

-E
 
If they are indeed .m4a, you don't need to authorize the computer to play since they are not protected files. Only .m4p files need the computer to be authorized. I assume you mean .m4p since you mentioned they were bought.

Authorize the computer.

As for the 5 authorizations, if it happens where you are unable to de-auth a computer, when you reach the 5 max, there is an option in the itunes store that becomes available to deactivate all computers so you can start fresh. I think somewhere in the user settings - search itunes for more info
 
Back
Top