Itunes crashes on folder add Please Help!

roaf85

2[H]4U
Alright Itunes is pissing me off.

I have used the following mp3 software players:

QCD (one of my faves)
MediaMonkey
Winamp
Foobar
Creative MediaSource
Itunes

My mp3 collection is about 12 gb and over the years I have mainly used EAC to rip, but I have used QCD and dpPowerAmp also.

My girlfriend has a mp3 collection of 18 gb becuase she owns close to every country CD known to man.

So what is my problem? Everytime I add my "My Music" folder to Itunes it crashes trying to process the Library. It has done this since version 6 something. Practially forever. However if I load my music into another software player all is fine and dandy.

Most of my music is tagged and organized into Album folders. In fact just last night in MediaMonkey I synced the tags and auto organazied just for the hell of it to see of that was the problem.

Still no dice. I really want Itunes to work I have MediaMonkey which is nice, but podcasting ability is really important to me. Thanks.

Heh, 12GB? I have over 5000 normal, everyday songs, which doesn't include a ton of video game music, comedy tracks, soudntracks, etc. Some people have tens of thousands of music files.

Anyway, how are you adding your music folder(s)? I haven't reinstalled iTunes since I did a fresh install of XP, but I could never go to File and have it import a folder. It would either freeze or just do nothing at all, or sometimes the processing window would pop up, and when it was done there wouldn't be any music displayed.

So I had to open my music folders through Windows Explorer and click-n-drag. It would process and then the music would appear.

I am adding my folder by clicking the add folder from the file menu.

I tried adding the folder by drag and dropping it and it works. I do not know why, but thanks I did not even think of this.

Back