iTunes 5 person stream limit

I work for a LAN gaming center in Colorado. The center is trying to introduce a way for users to choose what ever music they like to listen to while they game. The first choice was to go with itunes becuase it really did not present a security problem for the network. The music sharing of itunes is what we really like becuase it allows the users to connect to a server, browse the music, and choose from a premade playlist. We like this better than using say winamp or windows media player becuase iTunes organizes the music for us and allows people to search for songs easily. The problem with say winamp is that the user would have to know exatly what they want to listen to. Hosting a network drive would be an easy solution to a winamp solution. The user interface for finding a song in iTunes is so much easier than navigating through folders and such. The built in web browser, from what I heard, would be a security issue with winamp. We do not want people messing with the hard drive via typing C:/ in the web browser. We are looking for a program that can stream to 20 computers, no built in web browsers, and is easy to use. iTunes was the first choice but...

I need to increase the 5 person stream music limit. The limit for streaming from computer to computer use to be 60 in iTunes 4.0. There use to be a way to increase older versions of iTunes via the hack exploited by Jon Johansen. This hack also removed the copy right protection but I am not interested in that. Looking into the matter I discovered a program called 'get it together'. It is a java based applet that increase the 5 person limit to 10.

http://marv.kordix.com/archives/000501.html

I on the other hand, need to be able to stream to about 20 people. I also read about a program called jHymn but have not been able to get it to do what I want. Has anyone used this program with windows?

http://www.hymn-project.org/

I am using windows which makes this even harder becuase most the mods to iTunes I have found on the net are written for os X.

The easiest thing to solve my problem is to just restart iTunes when someone logs off it. This allows a different user to connect but it does not solve the issue of the 5 person limit.

Back