ITT: Consoles you bought specifically for a game

I bought a Gamecube used from Gamestop a year ago just so I can play Resident Evil (The Remake) and Resident Evil Zero because i'm a huge RE fan. But other than that, i've never bought consoles for a specific game. I only bought consoles because they're the newest ones out. I'm always there on launch day... or a week or two later depending on demand which is usually high anyway.

PS2= Kingdom Hearts
PS3= Naruto and Valkyria Chronicles (+ future FFXIII exclusive, not)
PSP= FF VII Crisis Core
DS= Pokemon Pearl/Diamond

Gamecube - Mario
PS2- GTA
Xbox - Halo
Xbox 360 - Call of Duty 2
PS3 - Motorstorm
Wii - Mario
DS - Pokemon :D

I always used to be there for console launches, but I never will be again. This generation has taught me that the early adopter gets fucked over, because by the time the GOOD games come out, the console has probably dropped in price.

I bought a GameCube specifically for Mario Kart: Double Dash, right when MK: DD was released.

I bought a Wii cause it was a "omg must have" item and one of the sales guys here had an extra one. But I'd have bought one for Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii.

I'm very tempted to buy a PS3 for the games Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time and Uncharted 2. I never owned a console before, but I really liked what I saw after playing these games a bit at a friend.

Xbox 360 for Forza 3 with the walmart $100 gift card. Console for $99 was too good to pass up. Oh and PS3 for GT5....hahaha...yeah finally i get to play it soon after waiting for so long. But it was worth it for the other games as well i have to say. Uncharted 2 is GODLIKE.

Gameboy - Tetris
SNES - Mario World
Playstation - Toshinden
PS2 - DDR
PSP - Gran Turismo 4 Portable
DS - Fuurai no Shiren DS (Roguelike)
Xbox360 - Idolmaster

Haven't regretted any of these purchases. Even the PSP was useful back in 2005 as a portable por... er, media player. That and Rengoku. Might have to get a PS3 for BD playback when I buy the Bakemonogatari Blurays.

Genesis - Sonic
SNES - Super Metroid
N64- Golden Eye
PS1 - FF7
Saturn - Shining Force 3..heard about development and had to pick one up. Sadly, only got to play part 1 of 3 :(
Gamecube - Metroid Prime
Wii - Metroid Prime 3
XBox 360 - Gears of War
PS3 - Uncharted 2

I like how you think. Pick up a PS3 at some point if you have the interest -- WipeoutHD, the Fury expanison, and the promised future PS3 title are worth it alone.

Thanks! Yeah I been addicted to the Wipeout series since I played the demo at a local blockbuster video as a kid ;)
That's what I'm hoping to pick up next a ps3 just for the Wipeout series alone , WipeoutHD looks insane :eek:

PS3 mainly for the upcoming God of War 3 release. That said I've picked up quite a few great titles in the meantime. It's already turned out to be a great purchase.

Okay, I'll chime in.

NES:
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
Kid Icarus

SNES:
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Starfox

Genesis:
Sonic the Hedgehog (all)
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage

Sega CD:
Sonic CD

Sega 32X:
Virtua Fighter
Mortal Kombat II

PlayStation:
Doom
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy VII
Wip3out
Twisted Metal
Warhawk

Saturn:
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Cop
Panzer Dragoon
Sega Rally Championship
Daytona USA

Nintendo 64:
Super Mario 64
Pilotwings 64
Wave Race 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Doom 64
Goldeneye 007

Dreamcast:
Sonic Adventure
Crazy Taxi
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Hydro Thunder

PlayStation 2:
Silent Hill 2
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 4
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
TimeSplitters
Gran Turismo 3

XBox:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Dead or Alive 3

Gamecube:
Resident Evil (remake)
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime

Haven't messed with the current-gen stuff since I've been busy with my PC...

Pong - For fricken pong man.

Atarti 2600 - Pac-Man, and the Docs recommended to my parents I get one for eye hand cooridination! That doctor ruled. Little did they know they would create a gamer for life.. they regret this decision.

Intellivision - Tron discs!

NES - Zelda, Super Mario Bros

Super NES - Street Fighter II

PS1 - Warhawk, Tekken

PC - My end of consoles till the 360, and even then I waited 2 years.

xbox360 - Just so I could play multiplayer games at my house with friends.. escape from the pc.

Ehh I would have to say I have always been a PC gamer, in fact I bought FF7 for the PC before I ever owned a PS1. Almost all the consoles I have owned were gifts but their are a few exceptions;

Limited Edition Pokemon Yellow Game Boy Color
- Pokemon Yellow - (Gotta catch em all!)
Gamecube - Super Smash Bros Melee
Wii - Twilight Princess - (Promptly sold Wii after beating the game)
Xbox 360 - Once FFXIII was confirmed I finally pulled the trigger. - (Still waiting :( )
PSP - Portable Disgaea!
PS3 - Eventually there will be a game that will make be buy the console.
Rig in Sig - I mostly built this because I am a technophile but there was hidden agenda of having a machine which would be capable of playing Stargate: Worlds, which unfortunately is probably never going to be finished..

Back