• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

It's too loud!

Syris

n00b
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
2
Well i'm taking off for the Air Force soon and that means i'll be in alot smaller room. Which also means i'll need a quieter heatsink and fan, normally that wouldn't be a question but i'm taking an older computer.
I have a 1.33ghz tbird on a asus a7m266, what quiet hs/f will fit on such an old system? Nothing is overclocked and performance is not an issue, just simply need it to be quieter, and of course strong enough to keep it cooled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Use an AX7 by thermalright. Slap either a Vantec stealth or a Panaflow L1A and your good to go. If you really want it quiet you could go buy a papst fan to put on that. I've got the setup with the stealth fan and I've never seen my comp go over 110 F under load. It usually idles at 91-93 F.

Hmm MBM 5 says I average a CPU temp of 89 F. Go figure.

Of course good airflow through the case also contributes to your ability to cool.
 
Thanks alot man, I really appreciate it and I hope everything fits.

They don't let you take it to Basic of course and i'm pretty sure not tech school either, but after all that you can have it in your dorm. The noise doesn't necessarily bother me, but it might others. Plus i've been planning to do it for two years anyway.
 
Take it from someone in the Airforce for the last 5 years. after tech school you will not have a roommate, the Airforce is all about 1 person to a room, unless of course you go to Korea where everyone has a roommate. :(

I just got back from Afghanistan where I had 25 roommates that was not too fun, but we put up sheet walls for privacy we all had our own spank palace ;)

And unless thnigs have changed you can have your computer at tech shool, just no internet connection in the rooms. Anyway good luck have fun and make the best of it, it can be a fun ride.
 
Back
Top