It's started already.

RagingGecko

Limp Gawd
Doom 3 isn't even officially out and I'm already seeing threads on multiple message boards saying:

D3 runs like crap on my machine

D3's graphics suck

D3 is too short

D3 sucks suchandsuch is better

Etc...

Even people who just look at the screenshots and don't even have the game yet are complaining. Maybe it's just me, but I find it rather funny. Everybody said it would happen and here's the proof. So, what's the stupidest thing you guys have seen someone post about D3 so far? I think mine is someone who posted (forget which board) that the Graphics suck and showed a picture of the multi-eyed demon with the 3 ridges on his head as an example, saying that they couldn't even make the head round. :rolleyes:

To me everyone else's opinion is meaningless. It's a game and only what I think of the game matters to me. I've read everything from the game being the best ever to down right terrible. Some people will complain no matter what.

When I play it tomorrow I'll form an opinion.

It's human nature to bitch about irrelivent things.
Example:
They are bitching about Doom3, you are bitching about them bitching about Doom3, and I'm bitching about you bitching about them bitching about Doom3.

It's a vicious circle...

I was arguing with some kid in EB games about how Doom 3 on PC will be better than on the Xbox. The kid says to me "but PC games can never look as good as the Xbox cause the screen is so small and you cant get as much detail as a tv." Guess he doesnt realize that a TV has about a third the resolution as a PC. Stupid console fanboys.

S1nF1xx said:
Example:
They are bitching about Doom3, you are bitching about them bitching about Doom3, and I'm bitching about you bitching about them bitching about Doom3.

It's a vicious circle...

Except for one thing, I'm not bitching about them bitching. I just thought it was rather humorous that some people are never satisfied, even when they get what they want.

Weeellllllll, maybe a little. The post wasn't intended to be bitching, but it does get annoying. I just thought it was funny, especially the guys saying stuff like "OMG doom3 sucks, I mean look at these screenshots." and they haven't even played the game yet.

:p

I use to put some faith in certain game threads and treat them like a real world review (not paid like some sites). Untill i realised that most of them are complaining about a game that was installed on an improperly overclocked system and the fact there probably only 14 years old. Not to mention that some of them are complaining about a game they got from mexico.

No one to trust but my gut instincts about a game now.

RagingGecko said:
Weeellllllll, maybe a little. The post wasn't intended to be bitching, but it does get annoying. I just thought it was funny, especially the guys saying stuff like "OMG doom3 sucks, I mean look at these screenshots." and they haven't even played the game yet.

True enough. :)

RagingGecko said:

I was just messing with you earlier BTW. ;)
I agree that it gets sickening hearing people constantly bitch without giving any reason why other than "it sucks". I was just reading the HL2 forums and there was a post about Doom3. One guy was bitching about how boring the game is because all you do is "run 'n gun". Somone else asked if he even played the game. To which he replied "no, but the screenshots look that way". :rolleyes: People are always going to bitch about things for petty reasons. Maybe they are mad that their 800Mhz celeron/TNT2 system won't run the game. Maybe they are hella hardcore HL2 fans. Who knows. But most people haven't had the game very long. After a couple days it's hard to get a good idea of how good a game will be. We always have patches that will be released that will fix some performance issues/bugs. Plus, I'm sure people are going to mod the hell out of the game to give a more robust multiplayer experience. So, most of the people spouting of rants about how much the game sucks w/o giving any reasons are just FOS (full of shit).

S1nF1xx said:
I was just messing with you earlier BTW. ;)
I agree that it gets sickening hearing people constantly bitch without giving any reason why other than "it sucks". I was just reading the HL2 forums and there was a post about Doom3. One guy was bitching about how boring the game is because all you do is "run 'n gun". Somone else asked if he even played the game. To which he replied "no, but the screenshots look that way". :rolleyes: People are always going to bitch about things for petty reasons. Maybe they are mad that their 800Mhz celeron/TNT2 system won't run the game. Maybe they are hella hardcore HL2 fans. Who knows. But most people haven't had the game very long. After a couple days it's hard to get a good idea of how good a game will be. We always have patches that will be released that will fix some performance issues/bugs. Plus, I'm sure people are going to mod the hell out of the game to give a more robust multiplayer experience. So, most of the people spouting of rants about how much the game sucks w/o giving any reasons are just FOS (full of shit).
I know you were just messin. I guess my reply didn't sound that way though. But, that's what ya get when ya talk on the internet. ;)

About the mods, I've already seen some people working on a coop and they have multiple people in sp. THAT I can't wait for. Coop shoulda been #1 mp focus IMO.

S1nF1xx said:
Example:

It's a vicious circle...

Some would say that is what life is.

Back