• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

It's Shipped!

clean_me

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
375
Woohooooo! I just got the e-mail from Apple saying it got shipped! I went over to FedEx and at 10:43am Cupertino time it got shipped! I got the express shipping because the less time an object is in transit = better luck of being okay. I ordered this, and then I made another order for 4gb RAM, X1900XT, 150gb 10kRPM Raptor and three 500gb Seagates! :D

Here's my order:

Code:
           Processor                    065-6508  3.00 GHz Quad Xeon.
           Memory                       065-6358  2GB 667 DDR2 FB DIMM ECC-4x512
           Graphics Card              065-6410  NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB
           Hard Drive Bay1           065-6409  250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drive
           Hard Drive Bay2           065-6742  None
           Hard Drive Bay3           065-6743  None
           Hard Drive Bay4           065-6744  None
           Optical Drive                065-6507  2x16x SuperDrive DL
           Wireless Option            065-6140  None
           Modem                        065-6455  None
           Fibre Chl Card              065-6285  None
           Keyboard Language              065-6287  Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mse
           Mac SVR OS Language        065-5988  None
           Apple Software Applications  065-6419None
           Mac OS Language                065-6245  Mac OS X
           Country Kit                           065-6244  Country Kit

I'm near Toronto, Ontario so I figure I'll get it Tuesday afternoon! I'll be sure to benchmark it for you guys-gotta represent the [H]orde!
 
wow, that is an amazing piece of technology! what are you going to do with all that power?

nice rig, hope it treats you well! (and if it dosn't feel free to send it my way ;) )
 
Nice.

Whats the country kit? WiFi for people in the bumpkins?
 
Well, I use Mathematica pretty extensively for fluid dynamics and simulations so there's the need for speed & ram. I'm also putting together three different compilation discs for the local Car Clubs here. Plus the space for my movies and tv recording etc etc and I make a few websites along the side.

I think 'Country Kit' is English manuals and canadian/american 120v power cable?

The X1900XT I'm ordering is from Apple, I didn't want to wait for so long--the X1900XT for the new MacPro's says delivery on Sept 12th I believe.
 
wat are you going to do with all that macpower, run a country? :p what ever you do, there must be pics! :D
 
make sure we get about 50 pictures of you opening the box and unpacking things in typical mac fashion :rolleyes:

(for the life of me I've never figured that one out)
 
Well, I just checked FedEx, it's in Memphis, TN! That means, that I *might* get her on Monday!

I've got two 23" Apple Cinema Displays to hook it up to ;) I'll take pictures no doubt, I'm not sure either about people liking pictures of boxes haha!
 
I LOVE THE UNBOXING PICTURES! If it is to much to handle unpacking and taking pictures at the same time, just video tape it! I know I wouldn't be able to restrain myself..
 
You're making a separate order for the X1900 XT - I hope that was through Apple (they do have a stand-alone kit). I don't know if a non-Apple X1900 will work in the system.

At any rate, I hope you've got a nice display (or two) to go with it. There would be a certain irony to having one of the world's fastest desktop computers and a postage stamp of a screen to go with it.
 
clean_me said:
Well, I just checked FedEx, it's in Memphis, TN! That means, that I *might* get her on Monday!

I've got two 23" Apple Cinema Displays to hook it up to ;) I'll take pictures no doubt, I'm not sure either about people liking pictures of boxes haha!

Two 23" cinema displays for this beast? You, sir, are doing this machine due justice. God Bless You.
 
Well, she left Memphis, TN at 3:33pm. So I think I have a good chance of getting 'her' tomorrow...errr today. Yeah I ordered the X1900XT from Apple, no worries there. I'll be sure to take pictures for you box lovers ;)

Here's to FedEx!
:cool:
 
I'm curious as to what you do for a living to afford dual 23s and this monster?
 
My package is a 30min drive away from me but it won't be delivered until tomorrow!

What do I do for a living? I work at Raytheon as a Systems Design Engineer researching/designing Missile Guidance systems, so I guess you could say a Rocket Scientist!

 
call them and see if you can pick up after work :) I did that with my MacBook when they tried to deliver when I wasn't home rather than having them send to a neighbor or my wifes work

 
Yeah I asked, no such luck! I still have a chance of today though, I figure they stop delivery at 4pm or 4:30?
 
you're gonna love that machine....it frickin' rocks!

now for someone to figure out how to put regular GPUs in it so we don't have to wait till Sept. :(

and yes, the 7300GT is passive cooled...and a thin heatsink at that. Must be under clocked
 
Damn, thats a nasty rig man, congrats!!

Now you just have to get a copy of XP and install via bootcamp...
tongue.gif
 
Man, anybody got news about when the X1900-equipped Mac Pros are shipping? Somebody on the Appleinsider forums said that a sales rep they had talked to said they'd be shipping this week...
 
I asked the rep about my X1900XT order and I should have it by the 22nd. Which is odd because a Pro w/ 1900xt has a ship date of Sept 12th.

Hahaha yeah I'm going to buy a copy of XP and do all the benchmarks for you guys!
 
clean_me said:
What do I do for a living? I work at Raytheon as a Systems Design Engineer researching/designing Missile Guidance systems, so I guess you could say a Rocket Scientist!

damn, well you certainly clean up. enjoy your spoils!
 
Muahahaha, it's friggin fast! Rrrrrroarrrrr!

Space reserved for pictures!

EDIT: I have the pictures, I just have to install all my programs firstttttttttttttttttt can't control speed!


I'm so [H]ard I have Wood!crests


 
haha you're a b*stard. im guessing the quad xeons have replaced somethin... im sure that something needs a good home ;)
 
Back
Top