It's Self-Propagating....

Down8

2[H]4U
PXL_20230908_221454023.jpg

If AsRock had released an A770 in Steel Legend guise I probably would have already bought that and skipped/saved $ vs. the RX7800XT. But I think the AT-er, AMD card will last for longer than an A770 would have (fingers crossed that Battlemage brings Intel up in the game for competition sake).

Installing it this evening....

-bZj

It was nice that AsRock included a video card support bracket with the motherboard (bolts to the mobo standoffs) - RTX2060 didn't need it.

PXL_20230909_015353508.jpg

Still downloading Starfield, and SignalRGB can't see it. And AMD's software pops open multiple times on every reboot. I should've went with driver-only, like I did with NVidia.

Tomorrow: GAMES!

-bZj

I quite like the Steel Legend series of products. Friend built a rig with the B450M Steel Legend and I was very impressed with it for the price. Shoutout to Asrock for being the only motherboard manufacturer to implement 12k capacitors.

It was nice that AsRock included a video card support bracket with the motherboard (bolts to the mobo standoffs) - RTX2060 didn't need it.

View attachment 597552

Still downloading Starfield, and SignalRGB can't see it. And AMD's software pops open multiple times on every reboot. I should've went with driver-only, like I did with NVidia.

Tomorrow: GAMES!

-bZj
What software is popping up? The only AMD software pop ups I ever get are when I start a game and I get that little window that says whether super resolution/whatever is active or not. Then it goes away. What kind of pop ups are you getting? Are you using AMD’s drivers or something custom from Asrock? Is that some kind of windows 11 thing?

The Adrenalin software was popping up (AsRock doesn't offer drivers, they just refer you to AMD) on restart. Click "X", then it'd pop up again. Then again. It was weird & super annoying. It seems to have stopped, for now.

Also, so far I'm liking Starfield more than Cyberpunk. Not saying it's perfect, or even great. But, it's more enjoyable, sadly. I say sadly, b/c I was looking forward to Cyberpunk more, and was disappointed in it's complexity (and lack of basics like an adjustable crosshair - I need to see the damn thing...). Starfield is still complex, but it's slower paced, so easier to learn along the way if one isn't already fully versed in Bethesda games (which I am not - don't think I've ever played one actually). [I am also taking advantage of a lot of YouTube videos to learn the mechanics.]

Graphics are fine, no issues outside games weirdness like NPCs jumping on things they shouldn't (including my own head while I was using some workstation).

Starfield1.png

Starfield2.png

The zero-RPM fan is a nice feature. Strange that the default "max speed" is 71%, though. Why wouldn't it default to 100%? [And why 71% instead of 70%? Is this a metric vs. imperial thing...? :atongue:] Why offer something & scale it back with out active tweaking to use it? Companies do weird shit.

My UPS is not strong enough to support playing a game. Like it actively freaks, b/c the draws goes over 400W from the wall (meaning the card is drawing near its rated 250-ish). It annoying b/c the likelihood of me playing a game when the power goes out, and not noticing & stopping the game, is near zero. I only need the UPS to give me a clean shutdown if I'm not here when the power goes out. And more than that, to just clean up the incoming signal. So now I'm on the 'surge only' plugs.

-bZj

Back