It's May 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best you're going to get for now until the June 29 NDA lifts is AMDs Livestream from computex on Wed.
http://experience.amd.com/Link to signup for Live webcast/computex-live-stream/?sf27057304=1

AMD to Showcase Latest Technology During Computex 2016 Press Conference and Webcast
Event will feature launch of 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors, Polaris updates and more

SUNNYVALE, CA 5/19/2016
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced it will hold a press conference and live webcast during Computex 2016 in Taipei, Taiwan. The event will begin on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM CST / 10:00 PM EDT.

The event is slated to feature presentations from AMD executives including AMD President and CEO Lisa Su; Senior Vice President and General Manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, Jim Anderson; and Senior Vice President and Chief Architect, Radeon Technologies Group, Raja Koduri.

A real-time video webcast of the event will be accessible on AMD's Computex page (www.amd.com/computex) and on AMD's Investor Relations home page (ir.amd.com). A replay of the webcast can be accessed a few hours after the conclusion of the live event on both pages and will be available there for one year after the event.

Last edited:
don't worry, You will find out more tomorrow night.

cough apus, motherboards. probably a few more bones about polaris.

The best you're going to get for now until the June 29 NDA lifts is AMDs Livestream from computex on Wed.
http://experience.amd.com/Link to signup for Live webcast/computex-live-stream/?sf27057304=1
AMD to Showcase Latest Technology During Computex 2016 Press Conference and Webcast
Event will feature launch of 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors, Polaris updates and more
SUNNYVALE, CA 5/19/2016
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced it will hold a press conference and live webcast during Computex 2016 in Taipei, Taiwan. The event will begin on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM CST / 10:00 PM EDT.
The event is slated to feature presentations from AMD executives including AMD President and CEO Lisa Su; Senior Vice President and General Manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, Jim Anderson; and Senior Vice President and Chief Architect, Radeon Technologies Group, Raja Koduri.
A real-time video webcast of the event will be accessible on AMD's Computex page (www.amd.com/computex) and on AMD's Investor Relations home page (ir.amd.com). A replay of the webcast can be accessed a few hours after the conclusion of the live event on both pages and will be available there for one year after the event.

Now I say AMD should give HardOCP two Polaris cards for testing and for CFX testing and listen to the feedback given. That wold be taking the high ground how ever it turns out for them. If the cards perform better in a given configuration send a whole system or two. Yes mainstream cards that can do VR maybe very useful if a discount for the VR system can be had at the same time. For example $100 on the VR headset selected or something like that, even if it is $50 would help. While Nvidia ask $100 more for an inferior design cooling system and card, AMD can give a $100 for a VR setup discount.

When is HardOCP going to review VR stuff come to think about it?

Now I say AMD should give HardOCP two Polaris cards for testing and for CFX testing and listen to the feedback given. That wold be taking the high ground how ever it turns out for them. If the cards perform better in a given configuration send a whole system or two. Yes mainstream cards that can do VR maybe very useful if a discount for the VR system can be had at the same time. For example $100 on the VR headset selected or something like that, even if it is $50 would help. While Nvidia ask $100 more for an inferior design cooling system and card, AMD can give a $100 for a VR setup discount.

When is HardOCP going to review VR stuff come to think about it?

Well you see the problem with OCP and AMD is about information. Kyle and group speak about their experiences with a product. They speak freely and give their honest opinion. The problem happens when AMD wants good reviews of their products for marketing purposes, but they fail to get positive reviews. Not only that but AMD and others want to control the content of OCP. IE they request certain articles to be removed etc. The divide between OCP and AMD has reached the point where AMD no longer is sending review samples to OCP. Basically if you give AMD bad press, they are less likely to work with you.

It's not really a big deal. I'm sure OCP and crew will just purchase the cards for review and publish their results as always. AMD can try and cherry pick their review sites, but in the end it won't matter. Let the Tech press do their job and report. AMD can do their job and work on putting out good products, which will have no issue getting good reviews.

Well you see the problem with OCP and AMD is about information. Kyle and group speak about their experiences with a product. They speak freely and give their honest opinion. The problem happens when AMD wants good reviews of their products for marketing purposes, but they fail to get positive reviews. Not only that but AMD and others want to control the content of OCP. IE they request certain articles to be removed etc. The divide between OCP and AMD has reached the point where AMD no longer is sending review samples to OCP. Basically if you give AMD bad press, they are less likely to work with you.

It's not really a big deal. I'm sure OCP and crew will just purchase the cards for review and publish their results as always. AMD can try and cherry pick their review sites, but in the end it won't matter. Let the Tech press do their job and report. AMD can do their job and work on putting out good products, which will have no issue getting good reviews.
In a lot of ways HardOCP is better off if they can procure the cards without any attachments or as few as possible. Plus I am sure many of the AIB partners will love HardOCP to do some reviews. The bottom line is to do a review truthful as possible and hopefully later any issues that have been corrected is communicated.

True after I read that I think I know why Hard doesn't get any cards. They didn't get the nano and it went down hill from there, plus I am honestly thinking that those emails were fine from amd and to make those emails public as there was nothing wrong said in those well [H] seems like they went pretty hard on amd after those emails. I think AMD has just decided to keep it quiet since than and chose not to do anything with hardocp. Because internal trust just wasn't there anymore. I think in journalism you gotta live with what you got, but if you start making an article about why you didn't get nano and then the rough language towards amd and copy pasting their email responses was probably unprofessional.

I love this website and I love what kyle and brent have to offer but I know I am being a critic here and I think they had to relax a bit after the nano scenario and not go after AMD so hard. That was little unprofessional in a way to just put everything out there.

This is the thing, Kyle tells how he thinks/feels - seems kinda weak on AMD's part not to tell Kyle point blank any corrections or not and most importantly a big THANK YOU for giving good feedback. I almost think AMD has a bunch of wussies running the show. Time for AMD to man up some. AMD has a problem with the Nano editorial??? When HardOCP is the only one that actually really tested the Nano right! WTF does AMD think HardOCP stands for?

There is yet another DX12 title, WarHammer and it is very popular on Steam and out selling Doom. AMD is all behind this release yet Nvidia is also doing good in it too. Forza also is a only DX12 title but in Beta - I hope HardOCP really does a DX12 evaluation in the near future for some of these new titles. AMD is looking good in them and at least Nvidia is doing good in WarHammer.

You know, if you get a seal of approval at HardOCP you have done good and achieved a real accomplishment. Many of the other sites mean absolutely crap when giving out praises, diamonds or what ever conclusion rating they have. AMD really needs to go for the Gold medal in the real Olympics.

Last edited:
This is the thing, Kyle tells how he thinks/feels - seems kinda weak on AMD's part not to tell Kyle point blank any corrections or not and most importantly a big THANK YOU for giving good feedback. I almost think AMD has a bunch of wussies running the show. Time for AMD to man up some. AMD has a problem with the Nano editorial??? When HardOCP is the only one that actually really tested the Nano right! WTF does AMD think HardOCP stands for?

There is yet another DX12 title, WarHammer and it is very popular on Steam and out selling Doom. AMD is all behind this release yet Nvidia is also doing good in it too. Forza also is a only DX12 title but in Beta - I hope HardOCP really does a DX12 evaluation in the near future for some of these new titles. AMD is looking good in them and at least Nvidia is doing good in WarHammer.

I don't think you understand how PR works.

I don't think you understand how PR works.
Frankly I don't care how PR works - most folks want to know the low down - strengths weaknesses and not some rosy ass smelling flower with a cup of puck. If you are real about your product, show you will and have back it up, admit to areas that can be improved and will be improved on and areas you cannot - you will come across truthful, sincere and most important reliable and trustworthy. People become much more comfortable in purchases believing they know the product and from a company that is truthful with them and will back them up.

Now actually I do not think you understand PR - AMD giving cards to sites that have poor testing, skew results and don't even know what they are looking at turns out to be bad PR in the end.

Frankly I don't care how PR works - most folks want to know the low down - strengths weaknesses and not some rosy ass smelling flower with a cup of puck. If you are real about your product, show you will and have back it up, admit to areas that can be improved and will be improved on and areas you cannot - you will come across truthful, sincere and most important reliable and trustworthy. People become much more comfortable in purchases believing they know the product and from a company that is truthful with them and will back them up.

Now actually I do not think you understand PR - AMD giving cards to sites that have poor testing, skew results and don't even know what they are looking at turns out to be bad PR in the end.

What you don't understand is this. Their is journalism and there is fair criticism. You don't criticize someone by calling the whole company out and calling people jackasses and calling them out just because you didn't get a sample. Hard was responded to why they didn't get it and why some other didn't get it. Now we all don't know what this fair review shit was from ray taylor but he didn't shy away from responding and it felt he didn't want to escalate it. It seems like that article just killed any further communication from AMD and Hard. Thats all.

What you don't understand is this. Their is journalism and there is fair criticism. You don't criticize someone by calling the whole company out and calling people jackasses and calling them out just because you didn't get a sample. Hard was responded to why they didn't get it and why some other didn't get it. Now we all don't know what this fair review shit was from ray taylor but he didn't shy away from responding and it felt he didn't want to escalate it. It seems like that article just killed any further communication from AMD and Hard. Thats all.

Which is a joke because AMD is about their products not about some of their dented ego.
AMD loses a lot by playing this on Kyle but in reality it is more likely that Roy Taylor is pulling the strings ..

Which is a joke because AMD is about their products not about some of their dented ego.
AMD loses a lot by playing this on Kyle but in reality it is more likely that Roy Taylor is pulling the strings ..

Playing what on Kyle. Kyle wasn't the only one not getting the nano card, correct me if I am wrong? I am pretty sure of that. Kyle's emails were responded by AMD and AMD kept it clean, yea bullshit corporate response they didn't call kyle out. They said they won't discuss this matter further. Then yea Roy whatever the fuck he meant by fair review comments was bad move on his part but it wasn't directed towards Kyle, Kyle took that and went off on AMD and called everyone out. So sure I appreciate that but I don't think all that was necessary, AMD didn't ship a Nano sample and Kyle wasn't singled out, he was shipped fury and fury x. Why Hard felt so offended by this is beyond me, the article was unnecessary. Other than that Kyle has been fine after that but I think that article was just too much personal blasting of AMD.

It was a really strong reaction thats for sure. Personally not getting a Nano Card, or it paper launching seem like lesser issues when compared to the GTX970s memory system. Which was blatantly lied about to the Press and HARDWARE COMMUNITY. Still that got a pretty big fucking pass from almost everyone.

Now I say AMD should give HardOCP two Polaris cards for testing and for CFX testing and listen to the feedback given. That wold be taking the high ground how ever it turns out for them. If the cards perform better in a given configuration send a whole system or two. ...

I really think this is the only way AMD can save face here (for however long the GPU division is part of AMD). Withholding a sample will look
badly whichever way Polaris turns out. If it's a winner and they don't provide a sample, AMD will look like a spiteful child; if it's a loser, it will simply reinforce [H]'s points.

In any case, if AMD thinks they're going to sweep this report under the rug, they're mistaken. The other forums and news outlets have picked it up now. In spite of this perhaps not having had been [H]'s intent, this report has really backed them into a corner.

Playing what on Kyle. Kyle wasn't the only one not getting the nano card, correct me if I am wrong? I am pretty sure of that. Kyle's emails were responded by AMD and AMD kept it clean, yea bullshit corporate response they didn't call kyle out. They said they won't discuss this matter further. Then yea Roy whatever the fuck he meant by fair review comments was bad move on his part but it wasn't directed towards Kyle, Kyle took that and went off on AMD and called everyone out. So sure I appreciate that but I don't think all that was necessary, AMD didn't ship a Nano sample and Kyle wasn't singled out, he was shipped fury and fury x. Why Hard felt so offended by this is beyond me, the article was unnecessary. Other than that Kyle has been fine after that but I think that article was just too much personal blasting of AMD.

You misread that situation Kyle felt that someone at AMD PR should not ever say those things about the press.
As far as I know Kyle is not upset about not getting a card from AMD , ask him yourself. Check the Nano review where is the problem ?
All of the things AMD said Kyle could not do with the Nano he did anyway without getting the videocard from them and now there is a problem all of a sudden with Kyle ?

If AMD doesn't want videocards to get reviewed then don't release any videocards any more takes away the pressure it seems that has been getting to some folks there at PR.

You misread that situation Kyle felt that someone at AMD PR should not ever say those things about the press.
As far as I know Kyle is not upset about not getting a card from AMD , ask him yourself. Check the Nano review where is the problem ?
All of the things AMD said Kyle could not do with the Nano he did anyway without getting the videocard from them and now there is a problem all of a sudden with Kyle ?

If AMD doesn't want videocards to get reviewed then don't release any videocards any more takes away the pressure it seems that has been getting to some folks there at PR.
AMD stated it was that there was not enough of a viewership here for the market the Nano targeted. Read what you will into it but in business terms you have to take that at face value.

The biggest concern is the releasing of emails that in general are considered confidential in normal business etiquette. AMD likely, as any company would, does not favor having any email from them in a business correspondence being posted publically regardless of the intent or reason.

We are where we are. Admittedly the only recourse now is for AMD to take the high road because Kyle all but nuked his into oblivion. So we will have to wait and see what transpires in the near future.

AMD stated it was that there was not enough of a viewership here for the market the Nano targeted. Read what you will into it but in business terms you have to take that at face value.

The biggest concern is the releasing of emails that in general are considered confidential in normal business etiquette. AMD likely, as any company would, does not favor having any email from them in a business correspondence being posted publically regardless of the intent or reason.

We are where we are. Admittedly the only recourse now is for AMD to take the high road because Kyle all but nuked his into oblivion. So we will have to wait and see what transpires in the near future.

I don't think most businesses consider emails confidential unless explicitly stated prior and/or with NDA. In fact, any and all business conversations, whatever the medium should never be considered confidential unless explicitly stated. If a company feels that way it is their fault, since by its nature emails aren't confidential unless both parties agree to keep it that way. Kyle obviously was not under a confidentiality agreement with AMD, thus the releases.

As for viewership, or lack thereof at [H], that was hilarious because it was around the same time that Elmy was promoting a Nano (or was it Fury X) build right here.

Yes that was the single stupidest thing that an AMD rep ever said. I was all excited about the Nano until I heard it was $650 and no HDMI 2.0. I could have gave less than a flying flip about HDMI 2.0, but it was just another reason to wait for a price drop. When they lowered it to below $500 I was going to order one until I heard Polaris and 2016. If they didn't start the Polaris rumors I would have one or two in my PC right now. AMD priced themselves out of sales with the initial price. There was no [H]ardocp readers like big cards only thing around here conspiracy against them. Some of us might like BBW though?

Hell in the Nvidia section I've seen guys saying that they are waiting for HBM2 cards only because of the cool size. They won't touch a GTX 1080 because of what they have seen AMD create with HBM1. That statement alone should have made them send Kyle a mountain of PR junk mail at least.

Corporate PR is damn weird sometimes. I couldn't do that job. I'd have to take a shower 3 times a day.

And then they send Elmy in this forum and post about the Nano , why do that one thing when you just stated the opposite ?

It is simple AMD is wrong in every instance.

Except, you know, for the very successful SFF community here and its pioneering custom case designers. The Ncase M1 and DAN A4 were designed and promoted here.There are <5 Litre cases being designed here where the nano could shine.

It really shows how out of touch AMD is with the enthusiast SFF community, the supposed target market for the nano, when they don't sample product but do send someone with pretty pictures.

You're not alone. My original thought was, if AMD is holding an event this weekend, surely the specs will be released after the event? But no, the fucking thing goes on for a month!

Yeah, when I heard 29th, I thought it was THIS 29th!

AMD SHOULD know better than this. You don't have an event and wait a month to acknowledge it, that just kills any buzz and anticipation generated.

Last edited:
You're not alone. My original thought was, if AMD is holding an event this weekend, surely the specs will be released after the event? But no, the fucking thing goes on for a month!
AMD SHOULD know better than this. You don't have an event and wait a month to acknowledge it, that just kills any buzz and anticipation generated.

it is because of the Youtube Video leaders :)

June 29th, but when they give out an NDA they have to be broad. AMD spoke about many of products at their editors day in Macau. You will find out about some of it later tonight. The other stuff will still be under NDA till the 29th.

This thread is fully off topic and there are enough others to post in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back