• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ITS FINALLY DONE! (First attempt at WC'ing)

BrandonB

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
2,490
*Updated Post
Hello,

As you can see instead of posting a reply, I'm just editing my first post.
*New Pics!
Comp1.JPG

^^ Leak Testing

Comp2.JPG

^^ Leak testing again =P

Comp3.JPG

^^ Finished, I know it's not a lot more pictures but oh well.
I'd say it's turned out a lot better, I've removed the northbridge block, added in the GPU block, redid the tubing and did the wire routing as best as I could =P. Since this I've added in a second raptor and installed Windows Vista Home Premium, everything works great! NO MORE LEAKS!!! =)))


*Original Post
Hello guys, first I'd like to thank everyone on this forum (especially Arcygenical) for all your help and guidance through this rather long process =P.

WC1.JPG


First off this thing took me TEN hours to build, TEN! It was a pain I tell you but so worth it. I only have a couple of pics but they should suffice =).

Those are the only pics so far, if requested I will be happy to take more. It doesn't look very clean inside but I did the best I could :D.
 
What stuff do you have in there? You should probably spend some quality time with your wiring next! :D
 
looks good. did you get a NB block too? More pictures would be nice and some temps :) Congrats on your first WC set up
 
10 hours?
shoulda spent 15 min of that on the wiring

anyway, congrats on the new system
 
What stuff do you have in there? You should probably spend some quality time with your wiring next! :D

I'll list what watercooling components and what its watercooling.

CPU Water Block: Swiftech Apogee GT
Chipset Water Block: Swiftech MCW30
Radiator: Swiftech MCR-220
Fans: YATE LOON 120mm x5
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Reservoir: Swiftech MCRES-Micro
Case: Gigabyte 3D Aurora

Cooling:
Core 2 Duo E6400 and Northbridge.

When I'm not so tired I might work on the wiring, but there isn't many places to hide it, believe my I've tried even though it may not look like it.
 
looks good. did you get a NB block too? More pictures would be nice and some temps :) Congrats on your first WC set up

I'm not terrible happy with the temps, 35c idle CPU, and 70c idle on my 8800GTS (but thats not being watercooled). The ambient temp from the 8800GTS is heating up everything, so untill I can afford a water block for the 8800 then things are gonna be a bit hot. I tried adding a n exhaust fan but that didn't help at all.
 
When are we going to be seeing your new rig in the "Rate my cables" thread? I'm waiting anxiously!

not for a while and it won't be nearly as impressive because I'm ditching the Stacker 830 (Raptor is way too loud in it) and going back to the P180
I may post some pics of the unfinished system just so you can see where I was going, but I'm not going to spend the money/time to complete this system, just to take it apart
that said, I'm going to make a few mods to the P180, so hopefully it will look pretty clean
 
35c idle is pretty good... remember that one of the main advantages of water cooling over air is the small temperature delta b/w idle and load. So even though you have 35c idle your load should probably be ~40c versus air cooling will have a temp delta for more than 10c.
 
Hello guys, first I'd like to thank everyone on this forum (especially Arcygenical) for all your help and guidance through this rather long process =P.

First off this thing took me TEN hours to build, TEN! It was a pain I tell you but so worth it. I only have a couple of pics but they should suffice =).

WC1.JPG


WC2.JPG


Those are the only pics so far, if requested I will be happy to take more. It doesn't look very clean inside but I did the best I could :D.

looks like you and I had the same day yesterday. I spent 10+ hours also doing my first W/Cing setup. I dont want to "hijack" your thread, but here are pics of mine
http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0749pt2.jpg
http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf0750uv5.jpg
 
Congrats. Now take everthing apart and work on the wiring job. The last thing you want is a sloppy wiring job taking away from your hard work.



 
Congrats. Now take everthing apart and work on the wiring job. The last thing you want is a sloppy wiring job taking away from your hard work.





I tried to explain this guys, good wiring in this case is IMPOSSIBLE, with the placement of my stuff, the wires just aren't long enough to hide them, I've tried, so I made it look as best as I POSSIBLY COULD. :p
 
Back
Top