It's Done and it Works

theseeker

2[H]4U
Finally, it's all done and no more issues! Thanks for all the input along the way.

V20003.jpg

V20002.jpg

CoolingCycle.jpg

Looks good, is that aquacomputer tubing or ? Did you use a flow sensor also

What a waycool deal there Seek.......nice to see another using the v2000 case and the beautiful AC gear..I'm just a little bit behind you in my build, and its an inspiration to see those same blocks on the same board/case/etc......good for you man. I'd like to compare notes with you when I finish...cheers!

Toonage said:
What a waycool deal there Seek.......nice to see another using those v2000 cases and the AC gear..I'm just a little bit behind you in my build, and its an inspiration to see those same blocks on the same board/case/etc......good for you man.

Thank you! Us Aqua people are getting shunned alot lately. For whatever reason people do not believe that low-flow = performance. I for one know that it does and results show it.
Not to mention the artistic value.
This is my first H2O attempt and I learned alot, let me know if you want any suggestions.

ummm...do you honestly think that your resevoir is providing you any cooling benefit at all? Think again...

That being said, very nice setup, I like how you kept the cooler on the vid cards, im assuming you just cut away the cpu part and kept the rest to cool the ram? Or maybe my eyes are decieving me.

= 5/16 O.D 1/4 I.D. tubing sorry long day

Erasmus354 said:
ummm...do you honestly think that your resevoir is providing you any cooling benefit at all? Think again...

Why flame the guy ?
Why would you think that there is a huge differnece from an aquatube to a bay res or PVC res ? Especially with so many components on one loop

USPS said:
Why flame the guy ?
Why would you think that there is a huge differnece from an aquatube to a bay res or PVC res ?

Or maybe I am pointing out the misconception that many people have that a resevoir...ANY resevoir, aids in any way shape or form to the cooling of a system. I nearly laughed my ass off reading about the thermaltake aquatube immitation where they actually advertised it as aiding in cooling.

Fact is you dont get added cooling from a resevoir, end of story. Any gains are going to be too small to measure.

Erasmus354 said:
Fact is you dont get added cooling from a resevoir, end of story. Any gains are going to be too small to measure.

Well I suppose ProCooling could show what kind of cooling gains you could get with a bitchen aluminum reservoir with all those nice cooling fins, heh? ;)

Erasmus354 said:
Or maybe I am pointing out the misconception that many people have that a resevoir...ANY resevoir, aids in any way shape or form to the cooling of a system. I nearly laughed my ass off reading about the thermaltake aquatube immitation where they actually advertised it as aiding in cooling.

Must be my feminine side, but I like the way it looks. This was my first dip in the pool as far as H2O cooling goes. While there were a few glitches along the way, most of them had to do with the quirky behavior of ASUS components and the ASUS techs lack of knowledge.

My second attempt is on the drawing board as I type. Unfortunately, the next one will have 3 loops and with nothing but Aqua gear, however it will give you a chance BMB me again. Having said that, thanks for your compliment. It is truly wonderfull we live in a free country. We have the ability to chat about H2O cooling and play verbal volleyball with one another.

Let's keep it up!

theseeker said:
Must be my feminine side, but I like the way it looks. This was my first dip in the pool as far as H2O cooling goes. While there were a few glitches along the way, most of them had to do with the quirky behavior of ASUS components and the ASUS techs lack of knowledge.

My second attempt is on the drawing board as I type. Unfortunately, the next one will have 3 loops and with nothing but Aqua gear, however it will give you a chance BMB me again. Having said that, thanks for your compliment. It is truly wonderfull we live in a free country. We have the ability to chat about H2O cooling and play verbal volleyball with one another.

Let's keep it up!

*sigh* Where did I say that the Aquatube was a bad resevoir? I merely stated it wont aid in cooling. I should have known better than to say something in a mainly AC thread that could be interpreted in any way shape or form as being negative towards any of the AC components in the system....you AC-fanatics are quite defensive. I was merely trying to keep someone else who happens upon this thread from thinking that a resevoir will aid in their cooling.

Top Nurse said:
Well I suppose ProCooling could show what kind of cooling gains you could get with a bitchen aluminum reservoir with all those nice cooling fins, heh? ;)

LOL....bitchin' man....so Cali I can't stand it....where's a fish taco whenya need one........hahaha.classic

My radiator holds more coolant than your whole loop, upgrade that tubing dude.

Top Nurse said:

That would make it a radiator wouldn't it... ;)

Nice system TheSeeker. Glad you got your vid card issue solved...

thewhiteguy said:
My radiator holds more coolant than your whole loop, upgrade that tubing dude.

I feel the same, except I held my tongue earlier to try and avoid the AC-fanatics criticism, to me 6mm tubing is just silly, the smallest I think you should use is 8mm, that is still small enough that it has the same effect of the 6mm tubing, yet it isn't quite so rediculously small as to become a point of performance degredation in your system.

yeah, I like that kind of modding. :cool:
extremly good job on those video cards
:D "Life is good when you have H²0." :D

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Grtz

Erasmus354 said:
*sigh* Where did I say that the Aquatube was a bad resevoir? I merely stated it wont aid in cooling. I should have known better than to say something in a mainly AC thread that could be interpreted in any way shape or form as being negative towards any of the AC components in the system....you AC-fanatics are quite defensive. I was merely trying to keep someone else who happens upon this thread from thinking that a resevoir will aid in their cooling.

Wow dude! You sure stepped into that one ;) There wasn't even an Aquatube shown in the pic. :eek:

I've got a new idea for a cool AC T-shirt :D

On back top says:

Aqua Computer

In middle it shows:

"A-C logo redone to resemble a bulls-eye"

Bottom of shirt says:

Right on Target

Top Nurse said:
Wow dude! You sure stepped into that one ;) There wasn't even an Aquatube shown in the pic. :eek:

I've got a new idea for a cool AC T-shirt

On back top says:

Aqua Computer

In middle it shows:

"A-C logo redone to resemble a bulls-eye"

Bottom of shirt says:

Right on Target

There is a layout of the loop setup below the pics :rolleyes: which says AQUATUBE. Also there was no mention of the aquatube being crap TN or BS. So since im on you ignore list now you will go on bashing and spreading misfortune to poeple around the world. :(

Erasmus354 said:
I feel the same, except I held my tongue earlier to try and avoid the AC-fanatics criticism, to me 6mm tubing is just silly, the smallest I think you should use is 8mm, that is still small enough that it has the same effect of the 6mm tubing, yet it isn't quite so rediculously small as to become a point of performance degredation in your system.

Since we saw no performance specs on the system how can you assume it’s been degraded in any way?

While your welcome to express your opinion on anything, your opinion isn’t fact.

Until we see a tubing change (should the builder want to test the difference) and before and after specs it’s all conjecture, no?

BillR said:
Since we saw no performance specs on the system how can you assume it’s been degraded in any way?

While your welcome to express your opinion on anything, your opinion isn’t fact.

Until we see a tubing change (should the builder want to test the difference) and before and after specs it’s all conjecture, no?
You win the door price, sir!

I do love how every thread turns into a freaking all out flame war about how large their "e-penis tubing" is.....

BillR said:

Yes indeed, it is subjective, hence why I said "I THINK!!" seriously you would think that the english language is beyond some of you people.

The fact of the matter is that larger tubing = less resistance. less resistance = greater flow, greater flow = better cooling. The question is how much better will the cooling be? and, is the added benefit worth the greater tubing size? IN MY OPINION a jump up to 8mm tubing would not really hurt his ability to route the tubing cleanly, and might provide a little boost to the flow rates enough to lower the temp a little bit is all I was saying.

Now AC-fanatics stop trying to twist my words in everything I say, it is getting quite tiresome. Its not like I came on here and said "AC is teh sux0r!". I merely stated that a resevoir is not a cooling element, and that I felt a slight bump up to 8mm tubing might help, hell I didn't go say "Get 1/2" tubing its teh r0x0r". *sigh* apparently you all aren't satisfied with someone being sensible instead of either hardcore "BIB" or hardcore "small stuff is cool".

USPS said:
There is a layout of the loop setup below the pics which says AQUATUBE. Also there was no mention of the aquatube being crap TN or BS. So since im on you ignore list now you will go on bashing and spreading misfortune to poeple around the world.

Yeah I had you on my ignore list for a day or so and then I decided I didn't need to be running away from silly noobs :p Actually I did see the loop silly boy! That really wasn't the point of it so why don't you have a beer or smoke a joint and calm down a bit? Your going to drive yourself into another "banned" posture. Sooner or later the [H]ardForum will ban your IP and then you get nasty letters from your Internet provider because their other customers can't get where they want to go. :(

So since you can't seem to take or understand a joke I will explain it to you. The guy was commenting that AC people are so defensive and that any little comment even slightly negative would be perceived negatively as Erasmus354 said here: "I should have known better than to say something in a mainly AC thread that could be interpreted in any way shape or form as being negative towards any of the AC components in the system....you AC-fanatics are quite defensive." So the new A-C T shirt would depict a target on the back of a T shirt. You were probably just a twinkle in your daddy's eye when an event happened about 25 years ago at Kent State University. There was some students shot by National Guard troops and afterwards the students all started wearing bulls-eye targets on their backs. Got to the point of cult status and now when someone puts on a T shirt with a bulls-eye it is usually denoted to mean that people are looking to take pot shots at you.

So Ryan, Aviddigi, USPS, or whatever you want to call yourself please take your comments to someone who really cares. All your ranting and raving only shows what a sick hateful little boy you have become. As far as I am concerned you can shout out to the world whatever you want, but please just start a "Top Nurse is an Asshole" thread as I am sure other children around here would like to flame me too. Then you can be a nice happy family of Top Nurse haters okay? The rest of us would like to get back to a little levity if you don't mind okay?

R1ckCa1n said:
You win the door price, sir!

I do love how every thread turns into a freaking all out flame war about how large their "e-penis tubing" is.....

ROFLMAO :D :D :D

Top Nurse said:
Yeah I had you on my ignore list for a day or so and then I decided I didn't need to be running away from silly noobs :p Actually I did see the loop silly boy! That really wasn't the point of it so why don't you have a beer or smoke a joint and calm down a bit? Your going to drive yourself into another "banned" posture. Sooner or later the [H]ardForum will ban your IP and then you get nasty letters from your Internet provider because their other customers can't get where they want to go. :(

So since you can't seem to take or understand a joke I will explain it to you. The guy was commenting that AC people are so defensive and that any little comment even slightly negative would be perceived negatively as Erasmus354 said here: "I should have known better than to say something in a mainly AC thread that could be interpreted in any way shape or form as being negative towards any of the AC components in the system....you AC-fanatics are quite defensive." So the new A-C T shirt would depict a target on the back of a T shirt. You were probably just a twinkle in your daddy's eye when an event happened about 25 years ago at Kent State University. There was some students shot by National Guard troops and afterwards the students all started wearing bulls-eye targets on their backs. Got to the point of cult status and now when someone puts on a T shirt with a bulls-eye it is usually denoted to mean that people are looking to take pot shots at you.

So Ryan, Aviddigi, USPS, or whatever you want to call yourself please take your comments to someone who really cares. All your ranting and raving only shows what a sick hateful little boy you have become. As far as I am concerned you can shout out to the world whatever you want, but please just start a "Top Nurse is an Asshole" thread as I am sure other children around here would like to flame me too. Then you can be a nice happy family of Top Nurse haters okay? The rest of us would like to get back to a little levity if you don't mind okay?

First bottom feeder, you never have a point second ryan aviddigi's IP was banned by Kyle so i have no idea wtf your writing. You bother me alot and i write what i think along with all the other so called " children".

Im sorry mommy and daddy did not pay enough attention to you but dont take it out on all of us.

You dont have to try and be smart for all of us sweety, i think the best thing for you to do is stop taking meds from work ( if you are a so called nurse ) so hop back on your broom stick and stop bashing everyone and flaming.

Erasmus354 said:
Now AC-fanatics stop trying to twist my words in everything I say, it is getting quite tiresome. Its not like I came on here and said "AC is teh sux0r!". I merely stated that a radiator is not a cooling element, and that I felt a slight bump up to 8mm tubing might help, hell I didn't go say "Get 1/2" tubing its teh r0x0r". *sigh* apparently you all aren't satisfied with someone being sensible instead of either hardcore "BIB" or hardcore "small stuff is cool".

I think everyone should just calm down a bit and read my T-Shirt post and the analogy with Kent State University. It's not that you said anything particulary bad Erasmus354, it was just worded somewhat provocatively. Hey I am prone to using the same kind of expository statements as well :eek: I think a lot of people who are users of European style cooling systems are getting a little edgy because everytime they start talking about supposed "low-flow" systems someone comes by and takes a pot shot. BTW, I am not one of those who are English deficient ;)

Erasmus354 said:
Yes indeed, it is subjective, hence why I said "I THINK!!" seriously you would think that the english language is beyond some of you people.The fact of the matter is that larger tubing = less resistance. less resistance = greater flow, greater flow = better cooling.

You might well be right, UNLESS the system in question was engineered to be a LOW FLOW system.

IF you flow too much coolant through a low flow system you just might not get enough heat transfer.

Neither you nor I designed the system in question, so again, it’s very speculative to assume more flow in this case would be better.

I’m no particular fan of the system in question so I have no axe to grind. I am however not presumptive enough to think I know more the designers.

BillR said:
IF you flow too much coolant through a low flow system you just might not get enough heat transfer.

That statement is incorrect. It is fact higher flows will increase cooling performance.

Designers usually set a certain goal they wish to meet, at which point the product is brought to market. Modders and the aftermarket crowd can increase performance of said product by modding it beyond original goals of designer.

BillR said:
You might well be right, UNLESS the system in question was engineered to be a LOW FLOW system.

Neither you nor I designed the system in question, so again, it’s very speculative to assume more flow in this case would be better.

I’m no particular fan of the system in question so I have no axe to grind. I am however not presumptive enough to think I know more the designers.

Even if it is engineered to be a low flow system it will still benefit from increased flow, there is no such thing as degrading performance with greater flow. :rolleyes: Increasing the flow does nothing but increase the heat transfer...

plywood99 said:
That statement is incorrect. It is fact higher flows will increase cooling performance.

Designers usually set a certain goal they wish to meet, at which point the product is brought to market. Modders and the aftermarket crowd can increase performance of said product by modding it beyond original goals of designer.

Quote the whole idea if you are going to quote, I said:

'You might well be right, UNLESS the system in question was engineered to be a LOW FLOW system.

IF you flow too much coolant through a low flow system you just might not get enough heat transfer."

There are in fact LOW FLOW designed systems that do not benefit from HIGH FLOW. In such a system too much fluid passes over the cooling surface not allowing enough time for heat transfer.

Not everything works on the “bigger is better” theory. Go read some design books.

Top Nurse said:

Heh, if you remember those T-Shirts and because you are a nurse you might well remeber the modded version of that shirt with the "714" logo on the front side ;)

Ah, the good old days :D

plywood99 said:
That statement is incorrect. It is fact higher flows will increase cooling performance. Designers usually set a certain goal they wish to meet, at which point the product is brought to market. Modders and the aftermarket crowd can increase performance of said product by modding it beyond original goals of designer.

Sorry, but that isn't always correct. People who have access to Aqua Computer gear are one of the few people around who really know about this if you use an Aquaero. The Aquaero gives you all this info as to what is really going on so I suppose if someone really cared they could prove or disprove that thought. I asked some Aqua Computer factory people a while back about using the OC feature of the Aquastream pump in relation to several of their block designs. They told me that I wouldn't see any gains from maximizing the flow with the Cuplex or Cuplex Evo coolers in their designed systems. However, they did say that I would see an appreciable gain in cooling ability if I was using a Cuplex Pro or Cuplex XT cooler. So I can see that perhaps Cathar was correct in that it all depends on what you use in your designed system as to what you get or don't get. I suppose you could redesign the system so that the Cuplex or Cuplex Evo would get better performance with more flow, but you would have to change the tubing, fittings, and pump to do it. But I like my system the way I have it setup so I won't be changing anything unless I can get some 8mm/10mm push-fits that happen to have a 1/8 BSPP thread on them to fit my hardware. :)

BillR said:

'You might well be right, UNLESS the system in question was engineered to be a LOW FLOW system.

IF you flow too much coolant through a low flow system you just might not get enough heat transfer."

There are in fact LOW FLOW designed systems that do not benefit from HIGH FLOW. In such a system too much fluid passes over the cooling surface not allowing enough time for heat transfer.

Not everything works on the “bigger is better” theory. Go read some design books.

Go learn some basic physics, just because you reach diminishing returns does not mean that it is any worse. Cooling still improves as flow increases, there is no such thing as "not enough time for heat transfer". The improvement may be small or unnoticeable, just like an exponential curve when it gets near its limit, however it is ALWAYS improving, just like an exponential curve is ALWAYS approaching its limit.

You are correct, bigger may not always be better, but the fact of the matter is it is never worse (so long as you can avoid kinking). More flow is NEVER a bad thing, why cant you get that through your head? Also, the guy has a Cuplex XT, an impingement style block, which as TN has reported AC admits benefits well from increased flow. Any more sly remarks or are you willing to accept that you were wrong?

Erasmus354 said:
Go learn some basic physics, just because you reach diminishing returns does not mean that it is any worse. Cooling still improves as flow increases, there is no such thing as "not enough time for heat transfer". The improvement may be small or unnoticeable, just like an exponential curve when it gets near its limit, however it is ALWAYS improving, just like an exponential curve is ALWAYS approaching its limit.

You are correct, bigger may not always be better, but the fact of the matter is it is never worse (so long as you can avoid kinking). More flow is NEVER a bad thing, why cant you get that through your head? Also, the guy has a Cuplex XT, an impingement style block, which as TN has reported AC admits benefits well from increased flow. Any more sly remarks or are you willing to accept that you were wrong?

Saved me a whole lot of typing Erasmus354.... :D

BillR said:

LOL... :rolleyes:

Erasmus354 said:

If you are indeed right then AC, Koolance et al and all the HVAC manufactures in the world can sure save a ton of money by firing all their engineers now can’t they? :rolleyes:

Back