Its been a while since I bought a LCD

DV8_1999

n00b
Joined
Oct 27, 2005
Messages
15
All,

I currently have a 2005 FPW....

I want to upgrade to a dual-system....

I'd like to get a 2007 FPW and a 2407 FPW, and then let my fiancée use the older 2005 instead of her CRT.

Good plan, bad plan or a better idea as far as quality, performance or something else???

There is a deal on Dell 609 for a 2407.....

Any suggestions?
 
Just my preference but...if I were going with a dually display I would get 2 of the same make/model or at least the same size. With the 2007 and 2407 you are not only going to have the size difference but also 2 different types of panel technology that will be hard to match up. (unless you get an S-PVA 2007)
 
Is the panel quality of the 2407 better?

Would a better combination be the 2005 and 2407 on my PC and the 2007 on the other?

Or just nix it and go with dual 2007's and the 2005 on the other box?
 
Just my preference but...if I were going with a dually display I would get 2 of the same make/model or at least the same size. With the 2007 and 2407 you are not only going to have the size difference but also 2 different types of panel technology that will be hard to match up. (unless you get an S-PVA 2007)

While I kind of agree with what you are saying, it isn't that bad to have two different technologies. I just upgraded one of my displays to the gorgeous S-IPS Dell 3007-HC 30", and my second display is now a Samsung 204T 20", which is not S-IPS. I've calibrated them each and they look find together. In this case it is certainly helped by the vertical height and resolution (1600) matching when the 20" is in portrait mode, but either way it can certainly work. Even if you had two of the same model display, you could still have color differences if you don't calibrate them.
 
Back
Top