• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Its about the EXPERIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zingledot

n00b
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3
I'm looking into finding a way to better my computing/gaming experience, and I need some ideas. System performance is not a concern..I can play my games without dropping frames while listening to MP3s; I'm good.

I have nice bookshelf speakers and a good (surprisingly) Sony sub, no place to set up surround sound in my setup.
I have a nice keyboard and a razer diamondback mouse.
22" Viewsonic P225F

Is there no other room for improvement? I'm looking for worthwhile upgrades/additions to my setup. I'm looking at everything....but I can't find a monitor that decently bigger, 3D TFTs are too expensive still, 3D glasses don't work on every game. Projectors aren't of the quality I need at any reasonable price. The 5.1 headphones I bought are gay. There is no better mouse, imo. I don't play games that need fancy controllers.

Any nifty ideas guys?
 
that would be really cool in my chair. those hot summers...have an a/c unit in my chair. sweet!
 
the phase change unit would be to cool your processor, not your chair.

phase change = sub zero temps
 
You didn't mention your desk--how's that going for you? And how about your chair? Perhaps you could buy a small refrigerator or microwave oven for your computer area.
 
A light up mousepad? How bout get one of those PCI mounted external molex connectors and super glue a liquid-lightning CCFL to each side of your monitor for some nice looking lighting around your monitor. Is your case all modded up yet? Mod the hell out of it. Too lazy? Just buy some cool looking lights or case fans or something or sleeve your wires (if they're not sleeved) Do you smoke? Well get one of those 5 1/4" bay cigarette lighter/cupholders! gets the job done! get some LED feet for your computer and then stick a CCFL under your newly-raised case for nice lighting effects. I dunno, just some ideas. Post some pics of your setup so I can see what your machine looks like.
 
Or buy one of those really expensive lazyboy's to give you massages while you play. It'll never complain :)
 
coffee33 said:
I'm not totally sure and after googling it i'm now really confused!
:confused:

Its that place outside your window, the one with the crappy textures, a horrible user interface, and all the other players are assholes.


On topic: Get a really nice chair, go dually monitors, get a nice desk ... Many other things.
 
acetic said:
Its that place outside your window, the one with the crappy textures, a horrible user interface, and all the other players are assholes.


On topic: Get a really nice chair, go dually monitors, get a nice desk ... Many other things.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D
 
So when does real life 2 come out? Damn shit is vapor ware! I can't handle all these n00bs and crappy graphics! Real life 2 better have SLI support and n00b blocker!
 
GlobalFear said:
So when does real life 2 come out? Damn shit is vapor ware! I can't handle all these n00bs and crappy graphics! Real life 2 better have SLI support and n00b blocker!
Nope, gotta unlock the extra "lifelines" for that to work. :D

Mod Edit - Off topic for G[H], folks...... May I recommend the off-topic forums; they are available for posting only to subscribers but you can post "off topic" to your heart's content......Subscribe here

Thanks - B.B.S.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top