• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IT7Max2 ver2 SATA problems

Harbinger

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 23, 2000
Messages
219
Hello , I am trying to install a 200g WD sata drive as the main drive on my system(see sig). When i hook up the sata drive and go to install windows it says no hard drive dectected. Can someone tell me the process i have to go thru to get this done? Also which power connection do I hook up on the drive? The 4 pin connector or the Sata power adapter?
 
Either power connector is fine, thats why they gave you two so that you could choose. However; I wouldn't use both.

Do you have the highponit controller enabled. After your motherboard bios finishes you should see a screen for the Highpoint bios, be sure your WD 200G is showing up on its hdd auto detection.

When I've loaded Windows XP in the past it has recognized my RAID arrays off the HPT374 controller just fine without even using a driver disk. IIRC.
 
Back
Top