It would be great if you could filter players by age group.

tzhu07

Gawd
And there would be some kind of age verification service so that people cannot fake it.

It would actually make me want to play with randoms online. Otherwise it's not worth the headaches of playing with teenage troll nerds.

And there would be some kind of age verification service so that people cannot fake it.

It would actually make me want to play with randoms online. Otherwise it's not worth the headaches of playing with teenage troll nerds.

images

I've had more problems playing with middle aged men who speak their mind than kids.

I hate it when people think online gaming is serious business. My experience shows me that there are people from all age groups with this mentality.

i have seen just as many a**hole 30 years olds as i have 12 year olds it is useless.

Kid just spam the mic with their girlie voices, old men get drunk loud and obnoxious.

Trust me. In my time gaming in multi-player , I've seen it all. Came across some very mature younger players and guys who are grown men act like kids..

It just varies... I know of a guy who is above 30 yrs of age and married who just constantly trolls the server when he is on and really gets under people's skin. Then on the other hand some young guys who make you think they are old men in their mannerisms.

Makes you wonder what is wrong with the grown man's mindset.....

I've had more problems playing with middle aged men who speak their mind than kids.

Hey don't bring Kyle into this.

so basically for age verification to really work you'd need to use a credit card. Technically speaking everybody with a credit card on their steam account should be an adult....technically.

And we should all be required to be fingerprinted before we can even connect to the internet.

filtering by age group would start cries of age discrimination...what's next filtering by gender?...race?...eye color?

filtering by age group would start cries of age discrimination...what's next filtering by gender?...race?...eye color?

Everyone knows gamers are a different species. I refuse to play with anyone who can't prove they're human!

Everyone knows gamers are a different species. I refuse to play with anyone who can't prove they're human!

I can see where hes coming from, like when I'm in BF3 and someone TKs me by hopping out of a buggy and runs in to me, causing me to get a suicide.

I really do not care about age group, but I have mentioned in various places that such a feature would be great to eliminate cheating. You show up at a public notary and sign a document with 2 forms of ID. Then you send that document into a company that verifies identities. Once that happens you can create an account, you link that companies account with any games you wish to play. After that your game account is verified. A single person can only verify 1 account on each service. And any company that supports this can setup their servers to have a flag which when turned on only allows verified players to enter. Suddenly cheaters cannot just go buy a new game or account to play again. People start thinking a little before enabling cheats. Lots of people start wanting in on this system as the number of cheaters increases in non verified servers.

Someone fucking make it, how hard is it?

You need a server that can run text web pages, with a small server for photo ID pics.

Then charge $5 or whatever a year, and have people signup to join the "mature gaming community" --- you could easily get $400-500 a month I'd bet, with the right promotion and marketing. Especially for xbox and PS3 gamers who are sick of those huge amounts of dumb kids yelling on the mic, playing crap music, being annoying, and such.

Someone fucking make it, how hard is it?

You need a server that can run text web pages, with a small server for photo ID pics.

Then charge $5 or whatever a year, and have people signup to join the "mature gaming community" --- you could easily get $400-500 a month I'd bet, with the right promotion and marketing. Especially for xbox and PS3 gamers who are sick of those huge amounts of dumb kids yelling on the mic, playing crap music, being annoying, and such.

Back when I played Socom 2 online, I was in a clan which basically only accepted adults. That was the main requirement before even skill.

I was in another one, also, where basically everyone sat around and got high while playing Socom. I don't think there was anyone below 17 or 18 in that clan, and everyone was always chill.

and dont forget us old farts... Im talking about people over 60...

sheesh I was told a couple of days ago 35 was old... asked the kid what I was at 60... he said... dead... eheheheeh

If only there was a massively large guild across multiple genres/games that's old timers. Oh wait...

I was playing on a BF2:BC server last night that said 30+ only in big bold print. I am well over 30 but I actually enjoy playing against the young whipper snappers - more of a challenge. Sure, they can get mouthy at times but I can take it, I can give it too.

It's true that you'll get all types in any age group but I'd wager that the rate of occurrence in obnoxious behavior is higher as the player gets younger. The gaming community might skew that trend upward though (no offense to my fellow gamers). I know I've acted like an ass at various intervals for the last over the last ten years of my online gaming life but it does seem to happen less and less as I age - these days I just don't care whatever someone else happens to be fussing about or enough to chime in on whatever dust-up is going on in the chat window.

If such a feature existed I must admit I would probably use it. I'd also be hoping that the older guys would suck a little more at the game as I tend to.

I can see all the dirty old men using such a filter to play exclusively with young boys. :p

Can we get an IQ filter instead? I hate playing with people with IQ's over 55, they just try to act all smart.

I can see all the dirty old men using such a filter to play exclusively with young boys. :p

The fact you even mentioned this makes me look at you with a /side eye... What is in your mind fella...

There actually is a filter for all of the BS, it's called the power button ;).
Seriously thought I rather like having the mouthy brats playing, gives me someone to stalk down in game and kill in more creative ways just to piss them off even more until they rage quit.

You got to remember that gaming was great back when there was no voice comms or people who knew english.

I don't know what games people are playing where there are so many trolls....though in my defensive I generally stick to Quake Live, so I'm blind to the fact.

The fact you even mentioned this makes me look at you with a /side eye... What is in your mind fella...

Unfortunately young boys lack some of the crucial traits I desire in a mate, namely breasts, a vagina and the maturity to grow pubic hair... of course that deficiency extends to the entire online community so no filters are gonna help me there :p

I think it would be pretty easy to determine if the player will fit by play style that is reflected in gameplay statistics. Statistics don't just show how uber someone is. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen anything like this yet. It would be pretty easy to implement.

Back