IT trouble ticketing software

TheDude05

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
393
Anyone have any recommendations. We're a small department and all the software I've looked at is complete overkill. I'd prefer open source but if the price is right i'd go closed source.
 
In my office we use Cerberus Helpdesk(htp://www.cerberusweb.com), looked at about 10 different software offerings and have been very happy with the software. Currently they are shifting focus and making, what so far appears, to be a workstation application. It should be nice when the software is finally released (if it ever is). However, since they have began work on the workstation package there really have not been any majore roll-outs of the web-based software. That being said, the web based software is actually really nice and works great for our applications.
 
We just recently went to FrontRange ITSM. It looks like eventually it will work but for now it sucks. There is a Memory Leak issue that hasnt gotten fixed yet. I am sure some of my negative points are just that it is different then our previous product with was HEAT also by FrontRange. All in All it will get the job done but I am still not impressed for the money spent
 
TroubleTicketExpress seems to fit the bill nicely. Extremely light and simple which is exactly how a trouble ticket software should be.
 
We use OMD at work, I hate it. The databasing sucks. Get something in SQL if you can
 
TheDude05 said:
Cerebrus looks pretty nice. Do you happen to know what databases it runs on?

It uses MySQL, we've been running it right at 2 years now and have had but 2 minor problems, oddly enough both were after we were out done with our service contract but their support guys helped us out anyway at no charge.
 
Back
Top