IT Training Schools

raksasas

Limp Gawd
Afternoon,
This is kind of a general question. Who (as in companies) provides awesome (i guess good will work too) IT training schools? I know it's a general question but I was asked to provide some IT training schools.

I guess I will list a few off the top of my head.
A+
Network+
Network Security
MCSA
MCSE
CCNA
Wireless
Certified Hacker
Ummm....

I am assuming they are taking noob level, intermediate level, expert level of training ("shrug"). I say go take some college course on the stuff but I was "told" to find some.

Regards,
Joe

Eh, look at the local community colleges. Make a list of those. :D

seriously I dont think you find and colleges or schools will teach you to become a Certified Hacker. If you can I would be really surprised.

I took my A+ and Network+ tests at a New Horizons training center. I didn't take the classes but the place looked impressive and I snooped in on an MCSE class and it sounded like real world practical hands on stuff.

If your smart enough to get the certs on your own though just buy or torrent some training material and go take the tests. Better yet get your BA it will be more help in the long run.

i went to a place called Techskills. not all college courses are focused enough. the industry wide accepted certs are

ccna
ccnp
comptia a+
comptia N+
comptia S+

and pick any microsoft course.

you can get a college degree in computer science but in most cases the industry is going to want one of the certs mentioned above.

My training schools were

Monster.com
Careerbuilder.com
ITjobs.com
AJCjobs.com

I could go on.

My community college had a course called Security+ but it seemed like the professor liked teaching the majority of the material in ethical hacking which was great... Really enjoyed that class

My community college had a course called Security+ but it seemed like the professor liked teaching the majority of the material in ethical hacking which was great... Really enjoyed that class

I'm finishing my BA through Baker college online. The intro to network security class I just took used the Thompson Security+ books as their text books. I thought it was cool since text books are usually a waste of money. At least I can go back and use the books for the cert.

My training school was USAF. Score high enough, you can do whatever job you want.

Oh yeah, they pay for your school.

I got my Associates in computer networking at the University of Toledo. For the most part the program was a joke. I had 2 crappy instructors and one who is excellent and is a good friend of mine. He covered a lot of real world stuff and did not simply teach from a book. Most of what he covered was not even in the book. The networking classes really only covered Windows Server 2003 and very little of anything else. They don't teach any Cisco other than what my one teacher brought in, which was his own equipment.

Got a BA and bored to death. Would like to get into IT. What do I do?

Get a BS :cool: Lol, jk. Get experience if you've never worked. Look for entry level help desk positions and learn to troubleshoot well. Read books and make sure to get LOTS of hands on, too.

None of those certs require classes. I learned and earned Linux+ and Security+ solely from the book in high school. Now, in my senior year of college (been slacking a little), I started studying (on my own) for the CCENT in September, passed it earlier this month, then I'm taking the CCNA sometime next month.

Take things one chapter at a time ;) Take good notes. It might sound really boring, but I think you'll really learn the material well if you read it, then take time to actually understand what you've read.

Back