It Seems A Playable Build Of StarCraft Ghost Has Leaked

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm. Any StarCraft lovers out there? Might be interesting!

"(Update: 3:00 PM EST) Twitter user DaysAfterRodeo contacted me with a link to what they claim is the build that people are downloading. He explained that this leaked build is from a dev kit and shared a screenshot of a dev kit with StarCraft: Ghost on it. So it seems this is out there and we are probably going to being learning a lot more about the game in the coming days and weeks. "

https://kotaku.com/it-seems-an-playable-xbox-build-of-starcraft-ghost-has-1841731450

I can see why they killed it. It looks like just another shooter to try to fit into a space that, while not as bloated as it is now, already had plenty of options back in 2005. I think this was console only as well.

I think its really cool this got leaked, but totally agree that it looks bland and crappy, especially for a Blizzard title. Remember before all the somewhat recent hate, Blizzard was known for releasing nearly perfect games even if it required big delays. From these videos it doesn't look like Ghost had any chance of being up to the standards blizzard had back then.

They should try again now though, since Blizzard doesn't give a **** about quality anymore.

People seem to forget that this is from the early 2000s. it's hard to judge almost two decades later. If I saw DeusEx for the first time today it would seem crap too but I know it was one of the best games ever made, perhaps the best game ever.

There's a reason they killed the game. Never cared about the single player aspect (third person is the devil) but I remember watching a multiplayer video featuring lots of marines running around and shooting stuff. It was NOT an RTS-like isometric perspective. Very early alpha stuff. Have no idea how I got my hands on, though. That was about 15 years ago, if not a bit longer. I remember because I reuploaded the video on the news site I was managing. It looked horrible.

Back