it leaked

flak

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
215
My new WC system leaked. I'll know the full extent of the damage later. :(
 
Oh no! I hope it didn't do too much damage. I have been thinking about going with Water Cooling, but I know with my luck it will leak all over everything.
 
i'm quite hopeful since the system was off when i found the leak and it seems to have missed all the components entirely.

edit: thanks to whoever moved this
 
just be sure it's entirely dry before you fire it back up, and all should be fine/
 
Have you figured out what the problem was yet? Or what actually leaked?
 
stumpy said:
Have you figured out what the problem was yet? Or what actually leaked?

Yeah, it was the ONE piece of vinyl tubing I didn;t remove when I switched to the tygon. That vinyl crap just stretches like mad. I had a hose clamp on it, too. Go figure. Anyway, I'm 99% certain I didn't fry anything. I'll find out once I get it all put back together again.
 
Water cooling can be a bitch if you run into problems. It really has nothing to do with experience....it's just about luck. If you get good, solid, well built pieces, it shouldn't leak. Honestly, I see no HUGE benefit for using water cooling over high end air cooling, save the cool looks maybe. And it's risky for someone who say, layed out $1300 on a new comp.
 
Good news: I got it all put back together and everything seems fine. :D :D :D
 
PimpBot5000 said:
Water cooling can be a bitch if you run into problems. It really has nothing to do with experience....it's just about luck. If you get good, solid, well built pieces, it shouldn't leak. Honestly, I see no HUGE benefit for using water cooling over high end air cooling, save the cool looks maybe. And it's risky for someone who say, layed out $1300 on a new comp.


But the coolness justifies it :D
 
Right now I'm at 44C @ 2.63ghz under full load. There are still some bubbles that need to percolate out, so it's not completely efient yet. I expect to drop a few degrees C from that and a few more from the AS5 curing. I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually end up at 39C under full load. Gave me a scare there for a minute but now all seems to be well.
 
PimpBot5000 said:
...I see no HUGE benefit for using water cooling over high end air cooling, save the cool looks maybe...

Mobile AthlonXP oced to 2.8GHz in a machine that tops out around 50C, and is silent from >2 ft.
 
Heh, I tried cleaning up an old keyboard once, waited forever for it to dry. Fired it up hit 'A' and a bunch of weird extended ascii crap came out. Your lucky my friend.
 
PimpBot5000 said:
Water cooling can be a bitch if you run into problems. It really has nothing to do with experience....it's just about luck. If you get good, solid, well built pieces, it shouldn't leak. Honestly, I see no HUGE benefit for using water cooling over high end air cooling, save the cool looks maybe. And it's risky for someone who say, layed out $1300 on a new comp.


There are many benefits...however thats simply an excuse the people who are affraid or dont have the confidence in their work to setup a loop always make.
water>air ALWAYS !
 
Back
Top