GB Z170X Gaming 7
16 GB Corsair LPX Ram
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming 8X

and i also used my older stuff:
Corsair AX1200i
Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD
WD 1TB Hard drive

So here is the situation...

First days, everything was working fine, then suddenly my computer wouldn't boot. Fans and Leds would turn on for 1 sec and then it wouldn't boot.

I did memtest, 100% pass 0 errors, i updated the Firmwire, i did Bios Reset, i removed the battery from the Bios etc etc, nothing helped

Steps i done for a temp solution:

1) Swapped, removed etc RAM, didn't boot (fans would spin for 1 sec)
2) Removed ALL cables 1 by 1 leaving only the CPU and Motherboard cable on, it wouldn't boot (fans would spin for 1 sec)
3) Tried to manually boot the PSU when having the CPU cable on the mobo and also when disconnected, manually via a wire didnt boot again fans would spin for 1 sec)
4) Connected an EVGA PSU to CPU and Motherboard, and boom, it booted.
5) Took out the PSU and manually started it via a wire and PSU worked.
6) Connected the Corsair again to Motherboard and CPU and it booted....WTF?!?!

This happened 7 times now almost every day, today it happened twice! Almost actually when i shut down the computer

Can somebody please for the love of God help me with that?

Thank you very much

this is a bit of work but rip everything out of the case and try it with just minimal parts connected. 1 stick of ram, onboard vid if you can, no hdd/ssd. just the board, chip, ram and psu. see if you can get it going. if it does then start adding thing back one at a time. check you case for extra mobo standoffs any bends or dents that may be shorting out the board. also check the little pressure fingers on the I/o shield are not bent and shorting out any of he mobo ports. if you can get it running out side the case and don't see any damage to the case try putting it back together. see if any of that helps and good luck!

Back