Issues with wireless network adapter in Vista 64

Kevin5255

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to get my Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI adapter to work on my Vista 64 desktop. I had this adapter working on the computer before, but I recently replaced my motherboard, and since I've had to reinstall everything I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have also switched wireless routers though, as my old network was wireless-B. I upgraded to the linksys WRT110 wireless router. I installed the router and everything works fine, all other computers pick up a strong wireless signal.

I found the Ralink 64-bit drivers and installed them for the network card, and when I go to device manager under Network adapters it says that the Linksys wireless-G pci adapter is working fine. The driver info even matches the Ralink 64-bit drivers.

Now I'm typing this right now from a laptop in the same room so I know my wireless signal here is strong and functional. But my network adapter in the Vista 64 computer is not working very well, most of the time on the list of wireless network my home network won't even appear, and when it does appear I can connect to a good signal and then it will drop to limited connectivity, and then drop all together. Most of the time, though, I try to connect to my home network and I get to the part where I type in the pass phrase, and afterwards it says that windows cannot connect. I go to diagnose the problem and it is an unknown reason

where should I go from here?

on my device manager it also says that my Realtek RTL8186/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC card is not working properly. what is the issue there?

Back