issues with Sapphire support for R9 295x2 card

This was the reply from the sapphire rep. What the neck am I being offered?
SAPPHIRE R9 295X2 8GB GDDR5 Closed Expired
2016-1-14 [08:29]
2016-1-14 [04:39]
2016-1-14 [02:42]
2016-1-13 [10:17]
2016-1-14 [08:29]

We have got in touch Althon Micro and they have already place order for the card to be ship to them ASAP. We have spoke to them about replacing your board with R9 Fury Pro. Get in touch with Althon Micro and talk to them about the Fury Pro, do some reserach on your end first and see if that is something you can take in as consideration.

Very concerning that they keep mentioning the non existent "Fury Pro" :p

Fiji Pro is the Vanilla Fury

Fiji XT is the Fury X

They are getting codenames and card names mixed. You are getting a Vanilla Fury which is still a fair deal IMO. I loved my R9 Fury Tri-X, that cooler was incredible.

I am actually running a Diamond 295x2 right now. I went backwards :)

295x2 or a Fury X, nothing less.

Depending on the benchmark, the 295x2 is FASTER than the Fury X.

So, a vanilla Fury would be quite the downgrade.

Fury X and Fury are within 5% clock for clock.

If you just take the [H] review then yes, it performs like a GTX 980. Vanilla Fury is a fair deal IMO.

Make sure they send you the 1040mhz version. There's a good chance you may be able to unlock the extra shaders too.

I have mixed emotions about what to get but tbh im nearing the point of just wanting to get this over with. I really wanted to get the 295x2 back but I guess ill end up going with the fury trix card which will be good on a couple of fronts:

1.less power draw
2. Hdmi 1.4a port (295x2 had dvi/mini display port only)
3. Support for new features
4.eliminates crossfire profile issues
5. Leaves upgrade room for 2nd card later thatll be more powerful than a single 295x2.

That last pro may never happen if pascal is what i think itll be.

After this Im done with buying/upgrading video cards for a while. XFX or EVGA ONLY for me on the next purchase!!!

Im happy Sapphire finally did something to resolve my issue. It just shouldve never taken 3 months, 6 sets of cards and 150.00 in shipping fees to get me back up and running. Its still not clear to me if the Sapphire rep suddenly had a revelation to resolve my issue or if newegg contacted them about it.

DVI is HDMI compliant btw.

I wouldnt accept anything less than a Fury X.
You bought the flagship card at high expense that even now has more grunt than the Fury X.
You are letting yourself down accepting less.

If it was me I would demand that and the 150 shipping fees refunded !
Actually I would ask for a GTX980ti and the shipping.

lol dear god...stop trolling

You might want to try that yourself.
At least my post was trying to push the op in a decent direction, yours was just to troll me.
Maybe you are too tied up in AMD fanaticism that you cant consider other options.
I have no problem at all if he chooses a Fury card. I just gave "my" opinion.

Wow that really sucks, three MONTHS and you are out of pocket 150GBP on shipping? That's truly insane and awful customer service.

I would push hard for a 295x2 even if it takes a bit longer. I would then sell it immediately (once it tests good) and buy an EVGA 980Ti and breath a sigh of relief.

I would push hard for a 295x2 even if it takes a bit longer. I would then sell it immediately (once it tests good) and buy an EVGA 980Ti and breath a sigh of relief.

Very wise advice, I must admit.

Demand the 295x2, flip it and get a 980ti.

(Been on both red/green teams for almost a decade each, it's just a matter of monies and avoiding crossfire/sli issues)

Good luck.

And yes, I believe it was Newegg that put the fire under Sapphire's ass.

So push that again if need be. (i.e. demand the SAME card)

i cant understand why people would pay top dollar for a used or "Recertified" r9 295x2 when a brand new 16gb PowerColor Devil 13 is only 500 bucks....the ebay used market is strange i think:)

I can agree. The 295x2 has dropped 100-150 in the last few weeks on ebay so im not so sure the resale on the 295x2 is as good of a bet as it once was and if it keeps dropping I'm which it likely will, the 300 series cards will be a safer bet for resale. Just a few weeks ago you couldnt find them for under 650.00 now im seeing them dor 550ish.

Wow that really sucks, three MONTHS and you are out of pocket 150GBP on shipping? That's truly insane and awful customer service.

Considering the sheer amount of money you are out for shipping alone, at this point I would not settle for anything less then a brand new Fury X OP...

I would hit them, along with AMD, on Twitter and FB hard. Be firm, but keep your tone reasonable like you did in your emails. IF they won't budge, then I would talk to your CC company and then there is the option of a small claims court case for the financial loss you have suffered. It really depends on what your time is worth..

Did you do like I suggested months ago and reach out to AMD/Sapphire publicly? While it was last generation, the 295X2 was AMD's flagship card, and Flagship buyers are any companies wet dream as they make the highest margins. Here is their FaceBook page. It takes 2 minutes to write a short summary of the Cliff Notes of your situation.

Considering the sheer amount of money you are out for shipping alone, at this point I would not settle for anything less then a brand new Fury X OP...

Did you do like I suggested months ago and reach out to AMD/Sapphire publicly? While it was last generation, the 295X2 was AMD's flagship card, and Flagship buyers are any companies wet dream as they make the highest margins. Here is their FaceBook page. It takes 2 minutes to write a short summary of the Cliff Notes of your situation.

I'm literally burnt out dealing with these guys so I'm getting whatever fury card they listed above. It had better work this time or I definitely will go through Newegg to get either a refund or the credit to buy another card.

Yes I did and got three responses from others that they had done the same as I did and posted with no reply. They told me good luck. I've heard nothing from no one. Thanks for the advice nonetheless...

XT / Pro are way old school ATI naming conventions for Top Tier Card (XT) and Next one Down (Pro)

Fiji Pro/XT - Fury (Vanilla) / Fury X
Hawaii Pro/XT 290/290x
Tahiti Pro/XT 7950/7970
Cayman Pro/XT 6950/6970

The Pro/XT name monikers go back to at least the Radeon 9800, where they were actually used in the product names, and not the chip code names. Once they moved from numbered chip codes to named chip codenames, the Pro/XT moniker was used for the chips but not the products. Kinda weird, heh.

In any case, a Vanilla Fury is not a bad card, and after all this just take it and you will have a bit less overall perf but it will be a single card so that's always a plus.

XT / Pro are way old school ATI naming conventions for Top Tier Card (XT) and Next one Down (Pro)

Fiji Pro/XT - Fury (Vanilla) / Fury X
Hawaii Pro/XT 290/290x
Tahiti Pro/XT 7950/7970
Cayman Pro/XT 6950/6970

The Pro/XT name monikers go back to at least the Radeon 9800, where they were actually used in the product names, and not the chip code names. Once they moved from numbered chip codes to named chip codenames, the Pro/XT moniker was used for the chips but not the products. Kinda weird, heh.

In any case, a Vanilla Fury is not a bad card, and after all this just take it and you will have a bit less overall perf but it will be a single card so that's always a plus.

9700 Pro ;)
9500 Pro
9800 Pro
9800 XT
I think the 9500 alao had an LE with 64MB iirc

i cant understand why people would pay top dollar for a used or "Recertified" r9 295x2 when a brand new 16gb PowerColor Devil 13 is only 500 bucks....the ebay used market is strange i think:)

Well, on Ebay, there are usually NO good deals on video cards 9/10 times that I check (which is at least once every 2 days -- there ARE good deals on other items, and occasionally you see a really good deal out there). Either they are foreigners (which makes sense for Brazilians and their insane tariff rates to buy video cards from Americans on Ebay) or "tech hipsters who think that a stock GTX 680 2GB is retro, and worth over $200". If you were to go by Ebay prices, you would think that 3+ year old video cards have only depreciated by 50% ...

I'm perfectly fine with dual Fury x doing crossfire around fps like nobody business

9700 Pro ;)
9500 Pro
9800 Pro
9800 XT
I think the 9500 alao had an LE with 64MB iirc

Yeah but in the case of the 9500/9700 Pro they were the "Top Tier" AFAIK the 9800 XT was the first use of the XT moniker.

I received the fury x card, tested and finally working ok. I'm not happy with the outcome getting a card thats slower than the orginal setup I had but at least now I have something that I could possibly sell to recoupe some of the funds that I've been dealing with screwing with Sapphires RMA program.

Now I have 780.00 invested in a card that I can sell for maybe 450.00.

Way to take care of your customers Sapphire.

Keep the fury x, and when prices fall, grab another.
I agree with all the shipping costs. Sapphire should have covered those when this became more than a standard RMA swap.
Did they at least send you a box of loot after all of this?

No loot box brother. Only replies that I need to understand that im not the only victim because they are having to pay shipping costs.

I think I may sell and go EVGA or XFX as i dont like the fact that if I have another problem ill likely have the same issues all over again and quite frankly Ive had a belly full.

Back