Issues with opening Daum Player

Hey guys,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on an Asus P8z68 deluxe mother board. My computer was running perfectly until one of my secondary Hitachi hard drives started failing.

My PC started acting sluggish and whenever I tried accessing the failing drive windows explorer would hang. Daum Pot player would also hang if I tried to play a media file off of the failing drive. My PC hung a few times when I tried to restart it. Firefox was also hanging a lot with a message to stop a bad script.

Every time I restart my PC, during boot I get a beeping message that says I have a failing hard drive that's connected to Sata Port 1 and I should backup and replace. I have to enter bios and exit before I could load windows. I haven't removed the failing drive from my PC but I've unmounted the failing drive from my PC with Disk Management.

I haven't really noticed any difference in the stability of my PC (any ideas why if the drive is unmounted)?

For some reason Daum Pot Player will sometimes open and it sometimes won't. If I click on Pot player 5 times and if it won't open it will show 5 entries of Pot Player in Task Manager. How can I fix this problem?

Is the failing internal drive causing this even though its unmounted from my PC? I re-installed Pot player but I have the same issue. Would unplugging the Failing hard drive form my PC solve the issues?

Please help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Take it out and try. It would have been shorter to do that than start this thread.

Back