• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Issues with HPx1907 and XP

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
So I went out and bought an HPw1907 Monitor, cause I loved the picture quality and the price. I installed it with Vista and everything was as advertised, ran games and movies beautifully. Unfortunately I was at the time just trying the 30 day trial of Vista I got from school, so I had to revert back to Windows XP till funds magically appear.

That being said, when I went back to XP and put it at the factory recommended setting of 1440x900, the screen is just too big for the monitor. It basically cuts off the right side of the screen up to the task bar. I can't see what time it is till I move the mouse to the right side of the screen and the screen shifts over to the area.

I have google'd possible problems with the monitor or issues with XP, but I have come up dry. I was wondering if I am just making some newbie mistake. I installed the drivers for my monitor and for my 7800gt.

Anyone have an idea of what is going on?
 
Back
Top