• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Issues with BFG 6800 Ultra

Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
45
2 weeks ago, I started buying parts for my new computer. When i decided to build my computer a few days ago, there were some issues. When i plug my moniter to the card and open my computer, there were horizontal lines that was distorted. I was wondering if anyone know what might be causing this problem

Mad Dog 550 Watts Power Supply
AMD 64 3200+
MSI Neo4
BFG 6800Ultra OC
1 GB Corsair Ram
160 GB Hard Drive
 
With video problems like that, I would check all your power and video connections, making sure the video card is completely seated into the slot on the MB. If the problem persists, swap out the PS and plug a better one in, one with about 28A on the 12V rail. Finally, if the problem still persists, then chances are, the video card got partially fried (memory most likely). I don't want to scare you into thinking it is your video card so my advice is to first test the other components (above). However, based on my one experience with BFG 6800gt OC, I had the same vertical line problems after bootup, it turned out that the video card got fried and despite changing the Powersupply and setup, i still had the same problem.

The good news with BFG is that all you need is to call them, tell them about your problem, have the serial number on the card handy, and once they tried to troubleshoot for you to no avail, they will let you RMA it. They have very good service and if no overclocking was done and notified to BFG, they will RMA your card and send you a new one.
good luck.
 
The problem with RMAing is that you get stucking paying to ship the card to them.
 
what 10 bucks right? or 5? not a big deal :) long as it works
 
I have check to make sure I seated the graphic card properly, and I also used the 480w Antec power supply that i borrowed from my friend. However when i tried both different work. Does this mean I have to RMA it?
 
Also, if i have to RMA. Newegg can send replacement within 30 days, so should I RMA with newegg or RMA with BFG.
 
Hmmmm, never had to RMA a BFG card, you could call both and get a prediction on how long it'll take. BFG's got great tech support, cool people on the phone there.
 
Both places to RMA should be fine right? Like there won't be any problem of Newegg sending my refurbished graphic card right? it safe to rma with newegg right
 
Has anyone RMA with newegg? If so about how long does it take for newegg to send me a new graphic card after receiving it?
 
I am new to buying stuff online, so WTH is wrong with asking some questions. If you are not here to help why even bother posting
 
LOL perfect! he's gone heheh

wait if u ban him, he won't be able to join these forums again right? even with making a new name, he's still banned and never be able to return here until he get his ip cvhanged?? hehhehheh SWEET
 
Good job on banning that rude sucker.

Back on topic. I am not sure if you have this note with your package from BFG but there should be a card that says something like: Please don't RMA through your retailer but call BFG for problems and returns. I had that and had to call BFG to RMA mine. They are easy to deal it and are very fast. Yes, you do have to pay for shipping but only on the way there. Make sure you follow their instructions. Also, get insurance just in case. Total shipping should run around $7. It takes BFG about 2-3 days to make sure the card is dead and that it was not overclocked. They then ship a new card back to you via 2 days shipping. All in all, I did not have a card to use for about 1.5 week (I shipped mine out via UPS ground). it is important that you get the RMA directions and follow it.
 
Back
Top