Issues while gaming

Discussion in 'Intel Processors' started by alexraw, May 16, 2019 at 9:39 AM.

1. alexraw

alexraw n00b

Hi Everyone,

Like the title states I am running into issues with my gaming rig while gaming. This started recently out of nowhere but basically when the battle royal mode for battlefield came out I have tried playing it several of times and even just the battlefield login screen my pc gets stuck on the loading screen and the only way I can fix it is by hard shutting down it will not let me close the game or windows / tab out of it. During this time my cpu heat will shoot up to very high levels. Just recently I was finally able to get into a match with all the graphics turned completely down but the graphics look very horrible like to the point where you can barely see anything the lag is unbelievable and the game runs so choppy that its unplayable and my temps are sky high so I am forced to close the game and even that process to exit the game takes a while because of how slow it navigates while on that game. I am able to run other games without encountering this so I am very confused an example of a game is PUBG it doesnt run as smooth as it used in the past but now as bad as when I play battlefield, Now recently I got back into world of warcraft and the game runs fine most of the time but once in a while I will get a very bad lag like if I am going to disconnect and then the graphics of the game looks similar to what I explained on battlefield and I close wow completely and when I open again the problem is gone. Also want to note that ive been running this build with zero issues for a decent amount of time now over 2 years. I had the CPU for 4 years now and changed all other parts and have been running with all other specs listed for 2 years with never once having issues.

(Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section I was not sure what section to post this in)

RIG SPECS
    i7 6700k
    GALAX GTX 1080
    nzxt kraken x62 water cooler
    3 TB HDD barricuda
    250gb SSD with only windows on it
    16 GB ram 3200 trident z
    do not remember the exact PSU I have but I know the one I have is not that great.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 9:52 AM
  2. grim4593

grim4593 Limp Gawd

My first thought is that the CPU heat sink is not making good contact which is causing thermal throttling. Maybe it isn't a seating issue but perhaps a clearance or fastener issue with the water block to the CPU.

3. chameleoneel

chameleoneel 2[H]4U

Yeah, I think its time to take it all apart and put it back together. rebuild it.

After that, I would do some CPU only tests and some GPU only tests. Like try handbrake on your CPU and then handbrake on your GPU. Furmark is basically GPU only.

If the problems go away after you rebuild, then it was probably a mechanical issue. If the problems are still there, it could be a power supply issue. or it could be a failing part. Doing those specific tests, will help you figure that out. Its rare for CPU to fail, but it does happen.

4. mda

mda [H]ard|Gawd

Any way to test if the pump on the WC is still working?

5. Hakaba

Hakaba Gawd

Well you could monitor the temps on the CPU and run test with the pump plugged in and unplugged. If you see an immediate drop after plugging in the pump then it should be good.

You can also see if NZXT has software and if it has the capability to monitor pump rpm.