Having an odd issue. I have a ton of CDs ripped and converted into WMA lossless (9.2) files. 99.9999% of them work fine. However, I have found the occasional CD where the lossless file crashes WMP.
The strange part is that if I convert the files back to .wav, they work fine. If I go back to .wma lossless again, they crash WMP.
The files also play perfectly in Foobar as .wma lossless files. So it is some problem with WMP (which is ironic that WINDOWS media player can't play a .wma lossless file
)
Any ideas on things to look for in the file, tag, etc that might cause this? Switching from .wma lossless to (for example) flac is not an option: I own a Zune and use Media Center. Likewise, switching from WMP is not an option because I use Media Center and that's what it uses to play the files.
All converting is done with dbpoweramp and then files are tagged using Tag&Rename.
When this issue arises it does it for the ENTIRE cd, not just one or two tracks.
Hopefully that's an enough info, to get things at least started, open to suggestions
Thanks!
EDIT: Of course immediately after posting, I seem to have resolved the issue on the involved CDs. I think it may have been connected to an obtusely long comment length done by auto-tagging in T&R. If it crops up again, I'll update.
The strange part is that if I convert the files back to .wav, they work fine. If I go back to .wma lossless again, they crash WMP.
The files also play perfectly in Foobar as .wma lossless files. So it is some problem with WMP (which is ironic that WINDOWS media player can't play a .wma lossless file
Any ideas on things to look for in the file, tag, etc that might cause this? Switching from .wma lossless to (for example) flac is not an option: I own a Zune and use Media Center. Likewise, switching from WMP is not an option because I use Media Center and that's what it uses to play the files.
All converting is done with dbpoweramp and then files are tagged using Tag&Rename.
When this issue arises it does it for the ENTIRE cd, not just one or two tracks.
Hopefully that's an enough info, to get things at least started, open to suggestions
EDIT: Of course immediately after posting, I seem to have resolved the issue on the involved CDs. I think it may have been connected to an obtusely long comment length done by auto-tagging in T&R. If it crops up again, I'll update.
Last edited: