Issue with Windows Aero Support

NathanP2007

[H]ard|Gawd
So i have run Windows 7 upgrade advisor a few times, and really the only thing bugging me is i i have the yellow exclamation point sign by my Windows Aero Support and it says : Your current graphics adapter won't support the Windows Aero user interface. If you want to experience the benefits of Windows Aero, contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is available.

But i dont get what the issue is. My graphics cards are 2 SLI 8800gt's. Is this something that will go away once i install 7 and update all my drivers?

As an 8800GT user myself, I can confirm that they should work fine in 7. I'm not sure if the perceived issue is SLI or perhaps the way the cards report themselves in SLI being compared against a whitelist, but you should be fine.

Well i tried turning on or off the SLI and it didnt change anything.

Last edited:
You are good to go... no use worrying about it. A 8600GT will run Aero VERY well, and (on one on my machines at least) will score above 5.0 in gaming and desktop graphics. Just do it.

Check your video drivers. Even my old 6800 handles Aero with aplomb on my old Athlon 64 3200+ 754 rig.

Last edited:
Try running the Vista upgrade adviser. I feel it's better with the information it displays and the requirements are basically the same for both OSes. I use this to determine 7 compatibility, not the 7 tool.

Back