Issue with very very dark monitor.

memphis_1220

Limp Gawd
Hey,

Last night I thought that my monitor was switching itself off every few seconds. I checked the power saving settings but nothing was wrong here. After about 2 minutes it stopped and all seemed to be fine again.

I have just come to start my computer this morning and it is very very dark. The brightness setting has been set to maximum and still no luck. To look at it you would think it was turned off. Light colours are faintly displayed but you have to get close to actually notice them.

Is this a sign to say my monitor is almost dead?

Cheers

Spec:
Dual monitors using UltraMon (the other monitor is perfectly fine)
Sapphire 9800 pro

If its a crt, then its likely dead.

If its an lcd, its a problem with the backlight, which might be fixable if its out of warranty. Contact the manufacturer if possible. Also, a brand/model might help a little, so post that.

SeetheSeer said:
If its a crt, then its likely dead.

If its an lcd, its a problem with the backlight, which might be fixable if its out of warranty. Contact the manufacturer if possible. Also, a brand/model might help a little, so post that.

First off its a TFT. Looking underneath it says it was made by MITAC (model LC552). To be fair, it has lasted for the past 5 years without any problems. I may just buy a new one and leave it till a rainy day.

From what you have said, it does seem that the back light has gone kaput or something related to it might have come loose.

Time to make a thread about a new one :D

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Back