issue with r9 290...

etegv

Limp Gawd
for some reason nothing shows up on my screen the light for the power button on my monitor just flickers

I booted down my pc and swapped out my 4870 for a r9 290. I have a TX 750w corsair PSU that should be able to handle it, yet I dont know why it refuses to boot up. I had to use the DVI port on my mobo to boot up and get into windows. I went into device manager and it shows ATI 4200 under display w/ an exclamation mark.

hopefully its something simple, thanks.

also, as I was installing the drivers, I got a blue screen and then it went into power saving mode...

does it mean i need a power supply. Everytime I try to boot up i get a blue screen and then it goes to power saving mode... thanks

yeah, sounds like a vitrua bios conflict, disable onboard video.

yeah, sounds like a vitrua bios conflict, disable onboard video.

I will try disabling it now, but im pretty sure i disabled it b/c my 4870 was working? but ill check now, thanks for the advice

does anyone know what it is called in the Asus m4a785td-v evo BIOS? cant seem to find it...

edit, nvm never disabled the onboard. Going to do that right now and see how it goes. Thanks for the quick diagnosis

Last edited:
im in the integrated graphics menu and there seems to be a bunch of stuff. I clicked on primary video controller but then I get 4 options and im not sure which one I have to click.

Thanks

Edit: yup you guys were right. Installing drivers now and hopefully everything works. For some reason i always forget to disable the onboard video.

Last edited:
ok, new issue..

my computer keeps shutting down after I try to play Black Ops 2 (only game i have installed right now). Like right now Im typing fine on the R9 290, but it crashes once I get into BO2. Heat isnt a prob as the side panel is on so whats going on? PC sometimes :mad::(

my cpu is a AMD x2 635. I will swap it out soon but could it be a bottleneck thing?

Last edited:
ok, new issue..

my computer keeps shutting down after I try to play Black Ops 2 (only game i have installed right now). Like right now Im typing fine on the R9 290, but it crashes once I get into BO2. Heat isnt a prob as the side panel is on so whats going on? PC sometimes :mad::(

my cpu is a AMD x2 635. I will swap it out soon but could it be a bottleneck thing?

What motherboard do you have? You might need to update the bios on it.

ok, new issue..

Your computer is telling you that game isn't worth playing.....;)

You have the PCI-e power cables placed on the GPU?
What driver version are you using? It installed correctly?
The GPU is in the primary x16 PCI-e slot?
CCC is set on all defaults?
Is Overdrive enabled?

I agree with the BIOS version check.

Your computer is telling you that game isn't worth playing.....;)

You have the PCI-e power cables placed on the GPU?
What driver version are you using? It installed correctly?
The GPU is in the primary x16 PCI-e slot?
CCC is set on all defaults?
Is Overdrive enabled?

I agree with the BIOS version check.
lol.. I know :D

Pretty much yes to everything, I used the crivers that came with the cd and didnt use the software yet so everything should be set to default/ not tampered

PSU maybe going bad. See if you can get a spare PSU

I did purchase a new one so we will see. But my 750w doesnt seem to show any issues when I first enter the game (cant see/smell/hear anything)

What motherboard do you have? You might need to update the bios on it.

its an asus m4a785td-v evo. Ive never updated the bios :(. Im just basic computer builder who stays away from the bios lol

ok disable Overdrive worked lol, you guys are the best

nothing gets past people here

Back