Issue with laptop and home wifi

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

I have a strange issue that is only specific when I try and connect to wifi using my work laptop at my house. I can connect to the router perfectly, I can ping to 8.8.8.8, but I can't ping to google.com.
It worked previously. The only thing I can think of is that I used my phone to tether the other day and it seems to have started happening after that, but it still works perfectly on the wifi at work. I can't figure this out for the life of me. I have my personal laptop right next to it on the WiFi no issue. I tried plugging in with Ethernet cable and it works fine.

What is going on? I've never seen anything like this. I've restarted everything.

The only issue is with WiFi on this specific laptop on my home network.
:confused::confused::confused:

can you post the ipconfig /all from a device on the wireless network and and ipconfig /all from a device on the wired network

seems like a dns problem

ipconfig /release then /renew didn't solve the problem. disabling and enabling the adapter didn't do anything. flushdns didn't help. It says connected to internet but I can't load any web pages...

I notice for some reason primary DNS suffix and DNS Suffix search list are for my company's website... Maybe this is issue

Yep, changed IPV4 setting to obtain automatically and it works now.

It was working the past few days on my wifi just fine, seems like it will work if I plug it into the wire and then unplug it....

Back