Issue with ESXI 4 recognizing storage

Marzetti

n00b
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
5
HI all,
Hope someone can assist. Im having an issue with ESXI 4 detecting all of the storage on one of my data stores. It see's my 3ware 9560se, says the capacity is 18TB, but available capacity is only 194GB when I go to create the datastore. Even after multiple attempts at rebuilding the array.

Not sure what Im doing wrong!

Here is my current setup:

Intel S2600CP2 board
32GB Kingston ECC Memory
Dual Xeon E5-2620 V2's
3ware 9650se RAID card (12 port via 3 port mSAS)
2x 250GB Western Digital Enterprise drives (ESXI installed)
12x 2TB Western Digital drives connected to the 9650se in 1x RAID 6 array

I will try to include some screen shots tomorrow!
 
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. AFter doing a bit more research, I saw the same info that Juggafat mentioned. Once I loaded ESXI 5.5 back on, i loaded the VIB for my card, and boom, my array was there. I was able to create the 18TB data store!

Thanks again, Juggafat!
 
Back
Top