Issue setting up litecoin mining on new gpu

• Thread starter Deleted member 89137
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89137

Can't seem to get my new rig working.. I am running a 5830 in one slot and a 7870 in the other slot. The 5830 is the primary card and si mining as expected. The 7870 is showing up but I keep seeing this error:
IAGbcPP.png

I can't figure this out. This is the .BAT file I am using...

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u elitemafia.mafia -p password -I 19 --device 0 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1200 -g 2 --gpu-fan 100 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 15360

and the bat for the 5830 is like this:

Code:
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3335 -u dyingdreams.5830 -p 1 -I 18 --device 1 --shaders 1120 --thread-concurrency 5600 --gpu-engine 925 --gpu-memclock 1000 -g 1

Any ideas? Note that I am hosting hte 5830 for a buddy and that's why the pools are different..

This is a fresh install of win7 64 bit. I have installed the AMD catalyst 13.11 beta v8 drivers, amd APP-SDK 2.9 and cgminer 3.7.2 - nothing else.

I've tried the 7870 alone and it gives me the same errors. Looks like the card is bad to me??

Have you tried lowering the TC count on the first batch file? Seems high to me for a 7870?

I've tried a few different values for tc and it keeps spitting out this error and crashing drivers when I launch the bat. What should I try for a value here?
I've tried the latest driver as well as the driver listed above..

No, I highly doubt the card is bad. Try running with no TC specified and just say shaders 2048. Reduce intensity down to 13 and see if it runs without HW errors.

After that, try 2048 in multiples for TC.
I have one 7950 that must run with 8192 TC and intensity 13, which is different than all my other 7950's which run 19 and 22400.

Also some google shows some similar errors relating to -w settings and lookup gap. try setting -w to 128 worth a shot.

How much ram is in your mining setup? I had the same issue with a friends 290. It turns out we had to have 8gbs to get it working

do "set | more", check if the GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT setting is uppercase or lower. I've had it be set in lower case, even though I specified it in upper. If it's in lowercase, it won't work. Go into System Properties -> Environment Variables and manually change it to uppercase, then remove it from your batch file.

H.

I received this error until I lowered my TC to 8192.
Different cards than you but I could not find any web related content to that Error -4 issue.
With help from a fellow [H] member I copied his set up and the main difference appeared to be the TC value. His set up worked out of the gate but as soon as I tried raising the TC in his set up...same error as before.
I have not had the time to try other values, but that at least got me going.

back the intensity down to 13 and TC at 8192. Get some baseline non aggressive readings

--thread-concurrency 8192 solved my issue... thanks!

actually its still not working, I'm getting nothing but HW errors...

edit:
Looks like maybe just the first few seconds were all HW errors, now I'm getting a bunch of accepts... going to monitor it for a bit

Last edited by a moderator:
actually its still not working, I'm getting nothing but HW errors...

edit:
Looks like maybe just the first few seconds were all HW errors, now I'm getting a bunch of accepts... going to monitor it for a bit

You should never be getting HW errors. . . Anytime I had HW errors even when I got accepts it would still be messing up.

Keep playing with the settings though because now that you at least have it not giving the original error you should be pretty sure that is your problem. Have you tried using a config file instead of a batch file?

Code:
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u elitemafia.mafia -p passwrd -I 19 --device 0 --gpu-fan 100 --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 2048 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1200 -g 1

I feel like I am lost on what to do. Can you check this config and see if anything looks wrong :confused:

What GPU is this? If it is multiple then pull out one and work with just one installed until resolved.

Code:
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u elitemafia.mafia -p passwrd -I 19 --device 0 --gpu-fan 100 --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 2048 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1200 -g 1

I feel like I am lost on what to do. Can you check this config and see if anything looks wrong :confused:

Have you tried seeing what you get with stock settings first? Nothing looks wrong but each GPU is going to act differently to different settings so what works for me might not for you.

Example: One of my friends is running 4xSapphire Dual-X 280x cards and has to use 8192 TC anything higher and it crashes. I have 3 of the exact same cards that get 200 less kh/s using his settings and I can use a TC 10240 which crashes his GPU's.

Also I'm running off of a 500watt OCZ StealthXStream 2. only using 2gb memory. I wonder if the PSU is enough? It should be, I think.
Full specs are:
60gb Patriot Pyro SSD
AMD Athlon 2 X2 250
2gb ddr3 at 666mhz dram frequency
ASUS m4a79xtd EVO mainboard

After 20 minutes I am seeing 2880 accepts, 0 rejects, and 293 hw errors... Still messing around with settings.

after 35 minutes, 5120 accepts, 306 hw errors...

just checked on it againand it was DEAD but hw error rate was under 3%...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back