ISP Privacy?

unfortunateson

Limp Gawd
I know ISP's can monitor its members internet usage, but is there a way to make it completely private from the ISP, e.g. sending all the information in encrypted form through an internet server?

unfortunateson said:
I know ISP's can monitor its members internet usage, but is there a way to make it completely private from the ISP, e.g. sending all the information in encrypted form through an internet server?

set up a VPN connection between the 2 sites is the easiest,, There are encryption programs that allow you to trully scramble the data but the reciever needs it also to decode, but If your looking to "cruise the internet" in total security/annanimity(sp). I'd say your out of luck because even if they cant see what your transmitting they can tell to whom. try http://www.anonymizer.com/

Eventually, you're going to have to trust somebody with your information. Even if you use a VPN to connect to another computer, you're then trusting their ISP not to spy on you. If you use an anonymizer service, you're trusting the service not to report your activities.

If you're doing something so illegal or otherwise shady that you can't take the risk that anyone at all might be watching, do it offline. Otherwise, your data is very likely monitored in several different places (source ISP, destination ISP, ECHELON, and a few other locations) ;)

Back