• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ISO - Decent quality Android TV Stick / Box / Mini PC

stickg1

n00b
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
28
I've been looking for days and there's all sorts of options, but I've never heard of any of the brands, they all seem to get mixed reviews. Except for the Minix M8 @ $160 seems to be well respected. But I was looking to spend more in the $100 range. It looks like the Amlogic S812 and Mali 450 are the more up to date CPU and GPUs in this category. I see a lot of options but wanted to hear some testimonials from actual owners.

Budget is $50-$100

Need:
HDMI Out
USB Keyboard
USB Thumb drive media playback
WiFi


Thanks for the help!
 
I wonder if they can go into standby and start up with a timer (responding to pvr software) for recording?
 
Fire TV I think it up there for Android TV. You have Side-loading capability and I have a Fire Stick TV and I've sideloaded TVMC.
 
I've been looking at the Fire TV box, I shop at Amazon frequently and have Amazon Prime, there are actually shows my wife and I watch on Prime so the Fire TV would probably be very easy. Does it play video files from a thumb drive? And if so how versatile is it in terms of codecs and containers?
 
You have to root the fire tv to play movies off the usb port / thumb drive.

The firetv is just fantastic as opposed to a heavier, more powerful (and power hungry) htpc.

Great wife factor, gaming is below adequate though, but streaming from my n40L into foretv's plex or kodi is flawless.

One of our best tech purchases
 
It's on my shortlist. Just wondering if I should get one of these beefier android tv boxes with a better GPU for the kids. I might try both actually. They're cheaper than a PC that's for sure.
 
Back
Top