ISO Burning Software

Skrying

2[H]4U
So I went through about 8 discs today trying to burn a Linux ISO. Nero will burn the data, but not as an ISO even when its set to do so, no idea what's wrong with it. Its worked before doing it.

I tried Alcohol 120%'s burning wizard. But that just make discs that couldnt be read by any of my computers.

I dont know what else to try.

Are you burning the .iso file onto the cd? To make the disc bootable you have to burn the image onto the cd.

I don't know if its a hardware problem. Heres the procedure always use to burn iso and bin files and the like:

Open up nero, close the the wizard if it opened up.
Go to File-> Open
Go to the "File type" pull down menu and select "Image Files: *.bin iso cue" then find the image file, and open it.

Then burn it just like you would normally. That should work unless there is a hardware/media problem.

What OS are you using? If WinXP, just download the Windows Server 2003 resource kit (it works with XP):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

Use CDBURN. It's only command line, but I use it all the time. It works great, and I've never burned a coaster making ISOs with it.

Here's a typical session of mine:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Dr_John>cdburn
Usage:
cdburn <drive> -erase [image [options]]
cdburn <drive> image [options]
Options:
-erase Erases the disk before burning (valid for R/W only)
-sao Writes the image out in "session at once", or cue
sheet, mode (default is "track at once")
-speed Speed of burn, or 'max' for maximum speed
-imagehaspostgap Use if your image already contains a 150 sector postgap
The [image] must be provided unless the -erase flag is set.
If both an image and -erase are provided, the media will be
erased prior to burning the image to the disc.
The above is for info. What follows is exactly what I had to do to burn my WinXP-64 image:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dr_John>cdburn d: c:\w2k3sp1_1433_usa_x64fre_pro.iso /speed max
Requesting burn at maximum speed
Number of blocks in ISO image is 456d3
Finished Writing
Synchronizing Cache: burn successful!

C:\Documents and Settings\Dr_John>

note the /speed max switch. If you don't use this, CDBURN defaults to a burning speed of 4X.

Back