Isn't multicore great?

I just love multicore computing. I'm encoding a dvd while running two instances of Folding@Home, listening to itunes, surfing the web, and my anti virus just started a full scan. The computer never missed a step and hardly breaks a sweat doing it.

I love it!

Yah, its great, isnt it? I just love it... its what I've been waiting for, for SOOOOOOO long, lol. I especially love them at work... my simulations no longer take 24+ hours on the server, lol.

I'm encoding a dvd while running two instances of Folding@Home, listening to itunes, surfing the web, and my anti virus just started a full scan.

Well, if that's not a microcosm of today's world, I don't know what is. The only thing you're missing is doing all of that plus eating breakfast and making a call on your cell while driving to work. :D

Unfortunately, I'm still using a single core. Not a very good one at that either. :(

I totally agree! I got my new PC with C2D and Vista yesterday and LOVING it ever since. It's so fast and ultra-responsive it's almost like paradise. :D

Back