iSCSI issues with Openfiler.

C7J0yc3

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all. Having some issues with my openfiler box. I am running 2.3 with all the latest patches, and connecting to a Windows Server 2008 R2 box. Everything in openfiler seems to be setup correctly for iSCSI without CHAP authentication, however every time I attempt to connect the Microsoft iSCSI initiator to the openfiler box I receive the error "No Targets available for Login using Quick Connect." I have tried using both interfaces, however no success. Any ideas?

Do you have any other hosts connecting to the OpenFiler box successfully? Do you have the target on OpenFiler setup to allow your 2008 R2 host to connect to it?

As far as I can tell the target is setup properly, and the 2008 R2 box can connect to SMB shares on the OF box, but just not the iSCSI.

Did you setup iSCSI on the OpenFiler to allow connections from the R2 box? Do you have a separate network setup for iSCSI traffic? Maybe post some screenshots of the config on both ends? I've set this up before but I don't have an OpenFiler box anymore....

It's been a while since I played with openfiler but do you have your ACL setup to allow connections from your local area network?

Back