iSCSI and Storage Server

Sniper|3d-R|

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm working with an EMC AX150i storage server on a windows 2003 machine w/all updates.

Drives are in 3 pools... and 3 virtual disks.
4 500GB drives x 2
3 500GB drives + 1 hot spare.

I've created dynamic disks, that are spanning the disks so that I can have 1 large partition on my server. I do not wish to have multiple partitions from the storage array, just a partition.

I'm connected via redundant iSCSI.

Now when I reboot the server I have to reactivate the disk in disk management every time when the server comes back up. Once its reactivated, I can access the partition with no issues. The partition should come up every time, but it does not without reactivating it. What's the deal?

Now looking at Microsoft iSCSI Initiator, The Target status shows connected, and all the persistent targets and the info is correct.

I know that dynamic disks are not supported by iSCSI, but there are workarounds. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870964). I've went thru this MS doc, and the only trouble I'm having with it is NOT being able to see anything on the Bound Volumes/Disks window below. When I try and add my storage which is "E" I get an error that it can't find it etc. I've done and followed everything else in the doc.

Any help, suggestions? Thanks!

iv found that if the server is up before the storage it works fine.

eg power up server after array.

cheers

iv found that if the server is up before the storage it works fine.

eg power up server after array.

cheers

storage never goes down. Server reboots, comes back up. Issue remains. It's not like Im rebooting the server, and the storage at the same time. The storage server will almost never be rebooted unless there is hardware troubles.

ahh i get you

there might be a vbs script layin around somewhere that auto-reinitializes disks at logon.

Back