Is WoW completely down?

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
Well.. it seems patch 2.2.0 has pretty much screwed thew whole system... I can't even connect anymore.. just keeps telling me it can't validate the game version.

This happened after I switched from Elune to Kirin Tor.

Before that, it was giving me super lag issues ever since patch 2.2.0 went live.

Seems like most people are reporting the same as well as massive sound issues in the WoW forums as well... and now even the forums are down... probably from being overloaded by all the traffic.

It's because Halo 3 was released today and there is so much bandwidth being taken up it is pwning the intranets!2!111

My friend was talking how he was having a bunch of connection issues, so I don't think it's just you.

I was online, with only a couple broken addons, release day. Sure i didnt get on until later that night. But its Blizzard, if stuff was broken at release it was still broken the same day.

I just had a couple outdated mods which I loaded anyway, and they worked fine.

The only problem I had was that there was a new crackling sound in my audio. Not sure what it was, but it was enough of an annoyance to get me to hook up my optical cable. Fixed the issue... but not sure why i'd have gotten the crackling. Seems others had the same issue.

I just had a couple outdated mods which I loaded anyway, and they worked fine.

The only problem I had was that there was a new crackling sound in my audio. Not sure what it was, but it was enough of an annoyance to get me to hook up my optical cable. Fixed the issue... but not sure why i'd have gotten the crackling. Seems others had the same issue.

Blizzard just implemented a strictly software solution for WoW sound. That's why all the high latency people are getting, terrible sound, constant disconnects. My sound was also affected, and I quit until they re-implement hardware sound.

Blizzard just implemented a strictly software solution for WoW sound. That's why all the high latency people are getting, terrible sound, constant disconnects. My sound was also affected, and I quit until they re-implement hardware sound.

I dunno if i'd consider a 62ms connection high latency though.

Patch day it was unplayable, but haven't tried since then. Figured id give them and the mod devs some time to work it out.

I tried playing on Wed 9/26 and kept losing connection with the server. I got tired of that after a few tries and quit.

Only two issues I'm having is:

1. Quest bugs. Why are lvl 25 quests that have been out since release bugged now? ex. can't click on a chest, Darkcloud Pinnacle.

2. Sound bugs. Any sound that is more than 1 foot away from my character I won't be able to hear. Certain spell effects won't play correctly also.

Interesting I have not had any of these issues yet. The release day the servers crashed about 8pm PST and when they did I was on a zeppelin from UC to Og. When I was able to log back on about 20mins later I had fallen through the globe at Dalaran and thus fell thru the world. Stuck like that until the next day but thats because I went to bed. I have not had any problems thus far Black Dragon Flight server?!

Was thinking of getting back into this too for a month or so, until all the awesome games hit on 10/31... but nah, looks like Blizzard f'ed it up again.

Was thinking of getting back into this too for a month or so, until all the awesome games hit on 10/31... but nah, looks like Blizzard f'ed it up again.

They didnt F anything up. This is standard integration of a large patch to the game. This is pretty standard for every MMO on the market. It always happens, and it only lasts a couple of days.

I have been totally unaffected by the sound changes other than having to turn off error speech. This is across 3 different machines, a homebuilt nvdia based m/b sound, a toshiba laptop, and my iMac (which is running 5 copies at once!)

Back