Is Vista faster in anyway than XP?

frankyk

Gawd
With a dual core CPU, would Vista in ANYTHING be faster than XP?

I heard in gaming, XP has a huge edge and in general, everything, Vista drags behind, but is there anything Vista is faster at? Certain program loading? Faster bootup? Anything?

It fills this board with these kind of already answered questions much faster than XP does...

Yep... Why make us type things over and over again because you are too lazy to use the search function?

This stuff has ALL been heavily discussed.

If you want a short and fast answer- Vista runs faster than XP.

You know instead of bitching, you could have just told me the answer.

Thx btw for the quick and short :).

I did a "Vista Faster" search and I got a bunch of convoluted answers, lots of debates it seems that I didn't really want to sort through the crap and find out.

With a dual core CPU, would Vista in ANYTHING be faster than XP?

I heard in gaming, XP has a huge edge and in general, everything, Vista drags behind, but is there anything Vista is faster at? Certain program loading? Faster bootup? Anything?

There are alot of zealot fan-boys on this site. Please excuse there brutality. Vista does have some performance issues that should go away after a few weeks of normal use... If your interested in learning more about it, then you should google "Superfetch"

Following up on Superfect, again, the "to the point" answer...

Vista will be indexing and learning your habits like crazy the first couple of weeks- so expect that.
Most people judge Vista based upon those first few weeks... just so you know (Which is why I quite honestly, with anything (not just Vista) throw people's credibility out the window if they never even give it a shot)

One thing Vista does faster than XP, run into compatibility issues and crashes.

There, I said it. I don't like Vista.:p

Following up on Superfect, again, the "to the point" answer...

Vista will be indexing and learning your habits like crazy the first couple of weeks- so expect that.
Most people judge Vista based upon those first few weeks... just so you know (Which is why I quite honestly, with anything (not just Vista) throw people's credibility out the window if they never even give it a shot)

You mean to tell me Vista is Spying on me? :eek: Say it aint so!! :(

One thing Vista does faster than XP, run into compatibility issues and crashes.

There, I said it. I don't like Vista.:p

So then everybody MUST bash Vista even though MS has never made (and never will) any drivers for any hardware. Why? B/c they only make the OS for fucks sake! Why would they create the fucking drivers when they don't even make the hardware!

My what a concept! :)

My daily-use PC is an older P4 3.2GHz with 3GB memory, 8800GTS.

Vista is MUCH faster than XP. So much so, that I could personally never go back to XP.

Check some of my previous posts for all the links to articles on these facts:

XP w/eye candy (show icons while dragging, shaded box, fading menus) vs XP w/o eye candy = 5% performance penalty in games
Vista w/eye candy vs Vista w/o eye candy = 0% performance penalty in games.

Superfetch will preload frequently used apps into memory (many times faster than HDD reads) so that when you load Photoshop/Firefox/IE/Office/etc, it loads nearly instataneously. (And the process of loading those apps into memory will not affect your experience thanks to low priority I/O requests that works even better if you have an NCQ HDD)

When you do play games or use memory intensive applications, Vista will quickly free up as much memory as necessary, page desktop windows manager memory to disk and stop Aero.

So then everybody MUST bash Vista even though MS has never made (and never will) any drivers for any hardware. Why? B/c they only make the OS for fucks sake! Why would they create the fucking drivers when they don't even make the hardware!

And to Captain Slow, do u even remember the day XP came? It was a total disaster and don't even tell me that you'll never use Vista again because guess what buddy, you'll be using it when they discontinue it in 2014 and when you buy a new laptop it'll also have Vista on it.

My what a concept! :)

Get your knickers out of a wad. I wasn't being serious.. hence the usage of an emote... ;)

On my laptop Vista is snappier than XP. E.g. openning windows, and launching programs is much quicker.

programs start a lot faster than with XP. things just seem faster. the first few days i was using it, it was kind of sluggish, but since updating my drivers and installing updates, it has been flying.

even some games are running faster, which i never expected.

Back