• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is Viewsonic's VX924 really worth the wait?

JediK

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
467
Is Viewsonic's VX924 really worth the wait? Or will it not be, because it is using the TN screen? I was waiting for it to come out, but the more I read about TN, the more people say its not worth it. I'm looking for a LCD that is great for gaming and browsing the net. I have considered getting the Dell 2005FPW a couple of time, but I'm still not sure about going to a widescreen format yet. I'm just not sure how many games I play support widescreen or not. Anyways, back to the VX924, is it going to be great because of the 4ms (gray-to-gray); 5ms (color) or will it not be as great as they make it out to be, because of the TN screen? Thanks. :cool:
 
JediK said:
Is Viewsonic's VX924 really worth the wait? Or will it not be, because it is using the TN screen? I was waiting for it to come out, but the more I read about TN, the more people say its not worth it. I'm looking for a LCD that is great for gaming and browsing the net. I have considered getting the Dell 2005FPW a couple of time, but I'm still not sure about going to a widescreen format yet. I'm just not sure how many games I play support widescreen or not. Anyways, back to the VX924, is it going to be great because of the 4ms (gray-to-gray); 5ms (color) or will it not be as great as they make it out to be, because of the TN screen? Thanks. :cool:

It worth the wait if u like the screen :)
 
I love widescreen format. You can change the monitor into any resolution you like. So if you game in 1280 then turn the moniter into 1280, etc....But surfing, editing photos or any graphics for that matter, and multitasking btw apps is worth the widescreen. Love my 23" monitor...
 
I'm leaning towards getting it when it comes out. Anyone know an exact date? All I've heard is in May, but the month is just about over, lol.
 
I havn't heard much talk about the NEC LCD1970GX around here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824002285

Here are some of the specs of the 19" LCD: 400cd/m2, 700:1 and 8ms and the panel is Active Matrix / TFT

This looks like it would be a really good LCD monitor, what do you all think? It doesn't have the TN panel and is higher brightness and contrast than the Viewsonic VX924, even though it has double the ms.
 
JediK said:
I'm leaning towards getting it when it comes out. Anyone know an exact date? All I've heard is in May, but the month is just about over, lol.

May/June were the possible release dates. No one has yet died waiting for the release of a new product that I know of so be patient. ;)

Oh and don’t forget to actually go look at one before you buy. Everything else is just conjecture and opinion. You have to use it so only your opinion counts. :D
 
Back
Top