Is Verizon getting a new Windows Phone anytime soon?

notetcetera

Weaksauce
I've been hearing a lot of good things about Windows phones and, in particular, Windows Phone Mango, but it seems these phones are only going to AT&T and Sprint. Is there a Windows phone (with 4g) in the works for Verizon?

I'm not considering buying a Windows phone at this point, but I'm curious to know what the experience is like now.

What do you guys think about new Windows phones?

I was with Verizon for six years, but left for a Samsung Focus S from AT&T because they seem to have little interest in promoting Windows phones. Their only one, the HTC Trophy, is nothing special. I spent a lot of time trying to find out if Verizon had any plans to offer more Windows phones in 2012. My only answers were "No" or "I don't know."

Verizon couldn't care less about WP7. They only launched a mid-range WP7 phone, the HTC Trophy earlier this year and that's all they have for 2011.

Android and iOS are high on their priority list. It doesn't help that WP7 is also more GSM carrier friendly than CDMA. Sprint's WP7 selection isn't that great either.

I was with Verizon for six years, but left for a Samsung Focus S from AT&T because they seem to have little interest in promoting Windows phones. Their only one, the HTC Trophy, is nothing special. I spent a lot of time trying to find out if Verizon had any plans to offer more Windows phones in 2012. My only answers were "No" or "I don't know."
Sounds about right. What do you think of the Focus S?
With all the good reviews about Mango coming out I'm curious to try a WP7 phone. The last one I used was absolute shit. Literally the worst phone I've ever used up to this point, so I imagine they can't go anywhere but up from that.

Sounds about right. What do you think of the Focus S?
With all the good reviews about Mango coming out I'm curious to try a WP7 phone. The last one I used was absolute shit. Literally the worst phone I've ever used up to this point, so I imagine they can't go anywhere but up from that.
The Focus S is a beast! Gorgeous screen, slim form factor, light weight but doesn't feel cheap at all. It's a perfect match for Mango.

I'm on Verizon and I wish they would get some new WP7 phones :(

I don't want a fucking Android or iPhone

The Trophy is not a bad phone, I jumped on a deal a few months ago and have no regrets.

Well just 2 days ago my friend just picked up the HTC Trophy since Verizon had nothing else to offer for WP7. My hope is that a lack of new WP7 devices on Verizon this fall will mean the Mango update rolls out quickly. That would be a benefit.

Back